WHO NEEDS A GUN

Guest dotty

Well your a lucky man roe can be very deadly to handle live with antlers & sharp feet. Why dident you just push them out the gate???? or make a hole & leave them to find it.

Roe suffer very bad from human interfearance & more offten than not die due to stress.

Sorry but i feel you went about it all wrong & put you & the deer at risk you are very lucky it has a happy ending.

Edited by v-max
i agree total.

but it was all done very quick, caught and carried straight out.

due to the pen being built how it is cutting it was not an obtion.

also the whole pen is surrounded by high electric line so it was likely that chasing them out they would have got taggled. resulting in breaking the entire line, and getting a right shock that really would have scarred them.

how they got still remains a mistery.

being that it is on my land i had the choose to either shoot them and miss out on about 10 000 pounds or put them through a bit of stress and let them survive.

look on the bright side of life, i saw them live and well today, and saved money and lives(for a while)

it was all for the best. but at the same time was great fun.

you must have some deer, and good ones at that to be pulling 10k from roe stalking :whistling: would have been better to leave a gate open and let them find there own way out, as 3 deer in 1 pen means theres relitivly easy access some where..

jmo

i agree total.

but it was all done very quick, caught and carried straight out.

due to the pen being built how it is cutting it was not an obtion.

also the whole pen is surrounded by high electric line so it was likely that chasing them out they would have got taggled. resulting in breaking the entire line, and getting a right shock that really would have scarred them.

how they got still remains a mistery.

being that it is on my land i had the choose to either shoot them and miss out on about 10 000 pounds or put them through a bit of stress and let them survive.

look on the bright side of life, i saw them live and well today, and saved money and lives(for a while)

it was all for the best. but at the same time was great fun.

Sorry, but after reading your original post of this crass stupid antic and before seeing a photo of you, I had made my mind up that you were under 20 - not a mature person. As Vmax says one should not mess with roe bucks - an antler driven hard can cause a fatal wound. The 'BIT' of stress you put those deer through must have been terrible

If you knew anything about roe that find their way into a pen, you would know that they will easily find their way out the same way they got in.

Not sure how you arrive at £10K for the value of these 3 deer - the buck in the picture was certainly not a medal head but a buck that was going back.

In fair play to dotty i think he ment the stalking on the whole on the place as roe can be very costly & forgin hunters will pay highly for stalking rights on an estate as it's very expensive in certian parts in europe.

But still i think you went round it all wrong & why build a pen like you did. I do it were i can lift a corner for such things & winter time to push the bird through when doing the drive & birds run out no probs as i dident need dogs in a pen adding to the bag like foxes in a frenzie. Its common knowledge when building a pen to take things like trapped deer/running bird through & access why locating & building a pen but lesons learned i hope. <_<:blink:

Edited by v-max
roe can be very deadly to handle live with antlers & sharp feet.

V-Max, i mean no dis-respect what-so-ever, but i have to dis-agree with this statement.

I have handled a good few roe, with good sets on them. And have always over-powered them with ease, and held them down.

The only time i have been injured off a roe, is when i was holding the antlers, while my mate was cutting the head off (roe was dead, OF COURSE) and it caught my hand as the head dropped and stabbed me a bit :D

Again, VMAX i mean no dis-respect

V-Max, i mean no dis-respect what-so-ever, but i have to dis-agree with this statement.

I have handled a good few roe, with good sets on them. And have always over-powered them with ease, and held them down.

The only time i have been injured off a roe, is when i was holding the antlers, while my mate was cutting the head off (roe was dead, OF COURSE) and it caught my hand as the head dropped and stabbed me a bit :D

Well how do you get to handle live roe as iv done it for 14yrs & shot near a thousand deer to my name & never handled more than 10 or so out of that :hmm: .I take on board fit yoy say but you shouldent need to handle any live deer much if done right or well thought to get them out of an area.

The main reason for my concern is for the roe as they suffer from human interfearance & more often than not die with stress so it is the well fair of the deer that worried me on this thread as there is other ways & means to deal with them & felt that dotty went about it all wrong.

There have been several cases in the past where people colliding with running deer have been killed. It's only takes one slip and you've got an antler in your chest! That and the aforementioned stress factor makes tackling a live deer a very foolish thing to do.

Mark.

Well how do you get to handle live roe as iv done it for 14yrs & shot near a thousand deer to my name & never handled more than 10 or so out of that :hmm: .I take on board fit yoy say but you shouldent need to handle any live deer much if done right or well thought to get them out of an area.

The main reason for my concern is for the roe as they suffer from human interfearance & more often than not die with stress so it is the well fair of the deer that worried me on this thread as there is other ways & means to deal with them & felt that dotty went about it all wrong.

v-max. i should have elaborated more on my original statement.

once upon a time, running deer with lurchers was LEGAL during the day. :D

v-max. i should have elaborated more on my original statement.

once upon a time, running deer with lurchers was LEGAL during the day. :D

I quest that but dident want to say in words on the form Rabbithunter. Im not getting at you but it's the deer & the stress that worried me on the beastie & deer are still run with dogs & maybe more with our goverment taxing us to F**k it's getting harder to live.

okay v-max.......its one man's opinion against another

All i can say is that when people ran deer with dog's, the deers stress was kept to a minimum and quickly & humanely dispatched ;)

Cheers

RH

Edited by Rabbithunter