my old lurcher is about 9 now and is starting to stiffen up abit mostly mornings when been in her bed all night ive tried a cod liver oil tablet once a day its helped but wondered if anyone uses any different supplements to help with joints etc cheers stu

Stan, Its all down to quality mate.

Glucosamine, is the trend at the moment and there are huge amounts all over the market, head for one with the best quality not just the cheapest. The same principle goes for any Supplements really from Cod Liver Oil to Garlic, look for quality standards and purity as all supplements do not have to comply to any quality standards by law and it really is a minefield. Just look at the low quality cheap stuff in Holland and Barrett for humans!!. Garlic Oil is very low quality and so are most powders, i know I have seen the lab results time and time again ;) IMO I would head for a Licensed medicine (vm) for the treatment of Arthritis and Rheumatism if its causing the dog trouble, as its cheaper than the vets and you can buy over the counter, if not a high quality Glucosamine but do your homework ;)

Glucosamine, is the trend at the moment and there are huge amounts all over the market, head for one with the best quality not just the cheapest. The same principle goes for any Supplements really from Cod Liver Oil to Garlic, look for quality standards and purity as all supplements do not have to comply to any quality standards by law and it really is a minefield. Just look at the low quality cheap stuff in Holland and Barrett for humans!!. Garlic Oil is very low quality and so are most powders, i know I have seen the lab results time and time again ;) IMO I would head for a Licensed medicine (vm) for the treatment of Arthritis and Rheumatism if its causing the dog trouble, as its cheaper than the vets and you can buy over the counter, if not a high quality Glucosamine but do your homework ;)

can you recogmend some good glucosamine

can you recogmend some good glucosamine

Northolm suppllies mate very good! :yes:

Guest northolm

I agree with duzabit, glucosamine is good, but Im sure there are people on this site with other suggestions too. My oldies get cod liver oil and healthy joints.

northolm dont you actually supply supplaments.

Yes, Maxhardcore I do supply suppliments and prescribe pml medicines but Im sure if Stan wants info he'll get in touch.....I dont want to get banned for "advertising myself" :icon_redface:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest northolm
Hi northolm are you still going to be getting a supply of the peakperformance/vertex is it here yet ? or [bANNED TEXT] might it be available

cheers

Hi Fledge,

Its going to be here in about 2 weeks!! The Vertex will be in 4lb tubs and will be £48 (£12 per 1lb). As we are only bringing limited stock in the first time round anyone who wants to prepay to secure their order can pay by card over the phone. Just telephone 0191 5840618.

Northolm

hey guys does the gluco and stuff have to be made for dogs or does normal human tablets work, what are the doses you use

also do you guys use electrolytes and greyhound nutriets like vitamin e?

Pm me if you want

im thinking the electro's might be good for dogs in my climate, hot and humid

• 4 weeks later...
Guest northolm

Hi Guys,

Its here!! The Vertex has cleared customs and will be shipped to those of you who reserved asap. If it arrives befoe my courier pick-up you will get it Thursday, if not you'll definatley have it on Friday. :good:

Its on the site now if you want to read up on it. :)