why do

On the subject of 10 second kills, I've just googled to find out the average weight of a fox. Average for a dog fox in the uk is 14lbs (one stone?). Why is it so hard to believe that a dog weighing up to 5 times as much, can kill a fox nearly instantly? Granted it might not happen every time, but it wouldn't take much to break the foxes neck with one good strong bite in the right place & one or two good shakes. (Pre ban of course!)

best reply so far now my say if 10lb jr with week mouth fact it is my dog nails a rabbit in a purse net that rabbit can be dead in 1 or 2 seconds by one bite to the ribs end result burst hart and lungs broken back so i cant see how a70lb bull x cant manage the same result rember rabbit is around 3lb so you can :gunsmilie:all do your maths plus i hope bull x have stronger mouth than my jr :gunsmilie::whistling:

I agree. Why is it so hard to believe that a bull x can dispatch a fox in under 10 seconds? Has anyone seen a hound kill a fox pre ban, they are pretty quick and I should imagine a good bull x with a strong bull head would have more jaw strength than the average foxhound.

Edited by Missie

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bigredbusa

ok , here is a pic of what a game pure bull bred is capable of

pitcow1.jpg

and here is what a game pure bred collie is capable of

1297992590_13e9fc5a02.jpg

it's only a bit fun guys and gals and i do know that collies do have there place but seeing the thread was going a bit scoo wifff i thought i would lighten it up a bit

Oi Brummy im not a moron, Ive got terriers and its my first lurcher,and i know u have to have a license to have some Bull terriers, i was just hoping to ask some of the experienced lurcher men on here the law, not get slagged off.

Tom terrier

a licence ? dont think so buddy , pits are banned full stop and the rest are kc crap

You were saying Tom Terrier ?

You and the rest of the messer brigade expose yourselves every time you come out with stupid questions/statements and theories that you probably picked up in Countrymessers Weekly or Plummer books.

Bull crosses are there to do a job and to get the most out of one you need a multitude of things like the right breeding, careful entering and the ability to read a dog, the ability to assert discipline over the dog and how to work it correctly !

They are not some mystical beast that will kill owt !!! There are plenty of failed Bull X's out there believe me, and plenty more that are only god for pissing up lamp posts.

Like good working terriers the breeding is kept to those who know the score and work their dogs right. More importantly it is kept between those who have the balls to say when a dog is faliure and act accordingly. Needless to say they won't ever be bred from.

As many dogmen who know will tell you there are a lot of Bull X's being bred that frankly are utter rubbish and the breeder is only breeding to service the demand for that type of dog and of course the money !! :no:

Thanfully I suppose these are the only dogs that messers will get their hands on !! :clapper:

Right Brummy i dont know what your f*****g problem is but im certainly not a messer, Im a young lad that wanted some advise. Also my Bull X aint out of shite, the sire was one of Jason Powells dogs. :censored:

Tom did I at any point say that your dog was out of shite?

No thought not. If your not a messer why are you asking such stupid fcuking questions ?

I've seen Jason's dogs work and they do everything you'd expect a good Bull X to do and as far as I know non of them are licensed !! :clapper:

Tom did I at any point say that your dog was out of shite?

No thought not. If your not a messer why are you asking such stupid fcuking questions ?

I've seen Jason's dogs work and they do everything you'd expect a good Bull X to do and as far as I know non of them are licensed !! :clapper:

Wont bother asking next time. :wallbash:

On the subject of 10 second kills, I've just googled to find out the average weight of a fox. Average for a dog fox in the uk is 14lbs (one stone?). Why is it so hard to believe that a dog weighing up to 5 times as much, can kill a fox nearly instantly? Granted it might not happen every time, but it wouldn't take much to break the foxes neck with one good strong bite in the right place & one or two good shakes. (Pre ban of course!)

best reply so far now my say if 10lb jr with week mouth fact it is my dog nails a rabbit in a purse net that rabbit can be dead in 1 or 2 seconds by one bite to the ribs end result burst hart and lungs broken back so i cant see how a70lb bull x cant manage the same result rember rabbit is around 3lb so you can :gunsmilie:all do your maths plus i hope bull x have stronger mouth than my jr :gunsmilie::whistling:

I agree. Why is it so hard to believe that a bull x can dispatch a fox in under 10 seconds? Has anyone seen a hound kill a fox pre ban, they are pretty quick and I should imagine a good bull x with a strong bull head would have more jaw strength than the average foxhound.

:thumbs: That was my reasoning. If a foxhound can do it, why not a bull cross?

Strange when I tried to use this arguement on the other post I was laughed at. The same logic has to be applied to any lurcher x good at its job its the eqivalent of putting ricky hatton in with mike tyson!

ok , here is a pic of what a game pure bull bred is capable of

pitcow1.jpg

and here is what a game pure bred collie capable of

1297992590_13e9fc5a02.jpg

ha ha i like that, :clapper::clapper::clapper:

pretty impressive that a dog getting beat up by a big coo! take it you dont like your dogs stock broken then :hmm:

Guest bigredbusa

now your gonna tell me a collie can do that lol , only thing that killed them bulls in the pic was a bullet .

bull for bite

collie for geese

and dont be a tart bullx's are just like any other dog with stock , thats a a bit like me saying you do 'britains got talant' with yours .

you dont like em fair enough but enough people have said why they have them but you are still a little lost what they are about

oh and it's not my dog lol oh dear oh dear

Guest bigredbusa
Strange when I tried to use this arguement on the other post I was laughed at. The same logic has to be applied to any lurcher x good at its job its the eqivalent of putting ricky hatton in with mike tyson!

the difference is a bullx has a hard bite ( as in the breeding) a collie also does not have a bite as hard as a bull , now you are going to come back with a crap comment like 'well let my dog bite you and you tell me it's not hard' which is the sort of comment i would expect .

face it , if you dont want to handle fox get a bull'x , BUT i do believe the collie MAY have a higher catch rate but will never take as much gip.

is this what the hunting world has come too ? IN HOUSE BICKERING ?? as someone already said different dogs for different jobs! surely it should be down to whichever breed you need/want to get the job done? and done QUICKLY!!

and yes i do have a bull x AND a whippetxgrey AND a salukixgrey = different dogs for different jobs :whistling::whistling::victory:

Why Collie X people get involved and start comparing/listing pro's and cons with their dogs i'll never know !

Makes fcuk all sense !

I love a good bull X myself and equally I like ANY lurcher that's good at it's job ! :thumbs:

the difference is a bullx has a hard bite ( as in the breeding) a collie also does not have a bite as hard as a bull , now you are going to come back with a crap comment like 'well let my dog bite you and you tell me it's not hard' which is the sort of comment i would expect .

face it , if you dont want to handle fox get a bull'x , BUT i do believe the collie MAY have a higher catch rate but will never take as much gip.

No wouldnt let me dog bite you I dont know were youv'e been, and if my dog tried that with livestock I know were the bullet would go. I appoligise I had know idea you were a scientist and expert on dog jaw power. So the fact that there has been no scientific study done on this subject you claim (without any evidence) that these dogs of yours have superior jaw or bite power in relation to all the other breeds out there. Amazing! you know what I've learned about bull x's so far on this site? here's a wee list of gems that have come out.

1)bull x's have between 2500 and 3000 psi jaw power ( enough to put a dent in or pierce plate steel I might add)

2) Bull x's will run all night superior stamina

3) Bull x's kill in a matter of seconds

4) They ignore pain

5) They can hang from a bull's lip (terrific sport)

6) they will carry on killing relentlessly day after day no matter how much damage they take (a wee jab of penecillan will sort that out)

I could have added more but by now you will have got my drift. One more thing bigredarse bfore I finish this, see your picture! I suggest that the next time (if you ever leave your armchair)you go asking for permission to hunt on someone's ground you show them the picture and ask which of the two they would prefer on their land...I know were my money would be. Happy hunting!

:clapper: