Andre Georgescu fox whistle

Guest JohnGalway

Guest JohnGalway

Evening folks,

Right, after a long time debating whether to get one or not it arrived this morning :yes: Followed the instructions as per the booklet, exhale, do not blow. Guess what, it sounded just like... me, exhaling :lol: Problem solving time. Fairly sure the trouble was the extra air escaping either side of the whistle. So, I put my thumb and forefinger on either cheek and pushed in, then exhaled. Aha! It works :yes:

A LOT more testing and practice needed :yes:

Has anyone else here got one, used it successfully, or threw it in the bin?

All the best,

John :)

Guest JohnGalway

I keep trying to hand call, not given up but no success as yet so I do need mouth or digital calls :yes: Have heard the hand call in action, very impressive :)

This summer I'd like to try and call some foxes out of cover, maybe early morning or dusk. No lamping as it gets dark now at silly'o clock. I've been watching too many foreign (hunting... :p) DVD's!

Guest JohnGalway

An Irish website, shoot.ie has a digital caller called the Tecnoest, it's an excellent digital caller Hpool, check it out. As they go it's not expensive and I will tell you now for certain it'll bring in plenty of foxes for you :yes:

Still interested in hearing from owners of the Andre Georgescu fox whistle :)

john.iv had a A.G. whistle for 4 yrs now i got mine free with his first foxing video now that was a bargain.

the secret i feel is to get your tongue as near to the hole as you can without blocking it,and get it into your mouth as far as you can so you can just hold the outer edge of it.

as the instructions tell you dont blow-ehxale you will get the hang of it sooner than you think.try to keep the inside of the whistle dry if it blocks up with spit blow it clean.

if you practice do it outside or like me you will get the dogs howling and the wife telling you to "feck off with whistle".

when you do get the hang of it its very effective for long range calling,i find i get more response on windy nights and in areas of land that are hilly/undulating.when iv got the attention of a fox and its on its way in you should use the whistle very sparingly or not at all and go to a hand squeek or a button whistle.its very affective for bringing in cubs to shoot with the shotgun or rimfire.you can always ask a mate to stand away from you @60-80yds and listen to the sound you create.if you get it right the pitch of the whistle will make your ears ring.

good luck let us know how you go. :whistling:

i made one. i have only called in 1 fox but didnt have a good chance to shoot at it ( i have a bow :( nad cant got a gun for 2 years).

but when i go shooting with mates with guns we use a botton whistel.

You wont be sorry you bought one, I have used one for a while now and find it great for calling them in from a far, as the man says, dont leave home without one. Its well used as you can see.

Hells fire what did you shoot that fox with? a .50cal :clapper::clapper:

Two Newcastle brown bottle tops araldited together to to form a hollow disc.Drill hole one sixteenth of an inch or so through the middle and blow (exhale ) gently.If ,before you glue em together, you trap a loop of string between the caps you can attach a cord which leaves hands free for the rifle.Not original but very cheap.

Edited by comanche
Guest JohnGalway

Thank for all the replies and suggestions :) Please keep them all coming :yes:

A question for the AG fox whistle users, I'm finding I need to hold it with one hand to keep it in my mouth. Do other users also use on hand while whistling or can you go hands free?

• 2 months later...
go to foxcalluk.co.uk its £11 and the best caller you will buy can do low and high pitch dont need your hands my mate who i go with has killed hundreds with it.

ATB MIKE

Yep, good calls. Vary the pitch with bite pressure. Hands free, i had a fox with it first time out. Its plastic so doesnt taste bad like some of the metal ones.

Thank for all the replies and suggestions :) Please keep them all coming :yes:

A question for the AG fox whistle users, I'm finding I need to hold it with one hand to keep it in my mouth. Do other users also use on hand while whistling or can you go hands free?

i have used one of these for a few years,lots of dribbling and tongue technique to start with [dont use someone elses unless you really like them a lot!]i need to hold it other wise i tend to inadvertantly spit it out, you can get it loud enough to make your ears ring ,useful to get them in from a distance but easier to use your hand to get them in close,are they good?yes i think iwould buy another if i lost it which is more than i can say for most of the calls i have used in the last 15 years of hunting reynard.i have used a kiddies toy rat with a sqeaker in it for close calling till it stopped working by which time id had my 30p worth ,another dodge is to get a piece of polystyrene ,spit on it and rub it on the winscreen,try it it works,hope this helps..greasemonkey

Edited by greasemonkey