jUST BROUGHT THE POOCH SOME MINCE BEEF FROM TESCO DO I COOK IT OR GIVE IT HIM RAW OR NOT AT ALL.HES ON COMPLETE DRY FOOD AT THE MIN BUT AM LOOKING INTO GETTING HIM ON SOME PROPER MEAT AND BONES

ANY REPLYS GREATFUL

STEVE

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was younger and I had my first lurcher I had him retrieving rabbits to me not to hand but to my feet alive. Now as he got older I fed him on dry complete mix then mince meat cooked and dog cereal. I met a guy who told me to feed the dog the meat raw! What a massive mistake it cost me! After feeding him the raw meat we was out lamping and my mate shot a hare with a 2.2 rim fire, the hare still ran so I slipped the dog on him. He started to fetch the hare back to me and then he stopped dead in his tracks started licking the hare where it was shot, I walked up towards him and he ran off with it and started eating it! Every single rabbit after this incident he caught he would rip it up and try eating it and never fetch them back to me! This totally f***** my dog up as more people was telling me that the dog is hunting for food and I must admit it did make the dog more keener for obvious reasons!

Now i'm not saying that this will happen to your dog or anybody else's but I think this happened to me because I started feeding him on raw meat when he was about 2 and half years old. Now perhaps because your feeding it from a pup it might not know the difference! And perhaps there is more people on here who do feed their dogs raw meat and have had no problems! Its just down to choice.

Edited by WHITEYrs4
When I was younger and I had my first lurcher I had him retrieving rabbits to me not to hand but to my feet alive. Now as he got older I fed him on dry complete mix then mince meat cooked and dog cereal. I met a guy who told me to feed the dog the meat raw! What a massive mistake it cost me! After feeding him the raw meat we was out lamping and my mate shot a hare with a 2.2 rim fire, the hare still ran so I slipped the dog on him. He started to fetch the hare back to me and then he stopped dead in his tracks started licking the hare where it was shot, I walked up towards him and he ran off with it and started eating it! Every single rabbit after this incident he caught he would rip it up and try eating it and never fetch them back to me! This totally f***** my dog up as more people was telling me that the dog is hunting for food and I must admit it did make the dog more keener for obvious reasons!

Now i'm not saying that this will happen to your dog or anybody else's but I think this happened to me because I started feeding him on raw meat when he was about 2 and half years old. Now perhaps because your feeding it from a pup it might not know the difference! And perhaps there is more people on here who do feed their dogs raw meat and have had no problems! Its just down to choice.

what a utter load of nonsence ... why in the hell would a dog equate eating a bowl of raw mince to eating game he has caught .....

this is nothing more than a silly little story that raises its head every now and again spouted by people who know nothing about feeding raw meat to dogs .........

what a utter load of nonsence ... why in the hell would a dog equate eating a bowl of raw mince to eating game he has caught .....

this is nothing more than a silly little story that raises its head every now and again spouted by people who know nothing about feeding raw meat to dogs .........

I cant believe you have replied a comment like that! That is just pig ignorant you think just because you have never experienced this that it hasn't happened!

Stupid little man! I forgot you are the white hunter!

Come on SOCKS no need for this kind of reply is ther lad...! every1 has expirenced diffrent things the guy was only pointing out a situation he has encountred!!

Thanks for the advise lads i mixed his mince raw up with his dry food on this occassion i was worried that a quick change of diet might result in him s'''''ting everywhere and seen as he sleeps on the bedroom floor that wouldnt be nice. He wolfed it straight down no bother loved it am now looking out for a small freezer so i can stock pile some cuts from the butchers for him

appreciated guys :victory:

it is an urban myth that has been doing the rounds for years and needs to be nipped in the bud before any more young gullable lads believe the nonsence and stop feeding their dogs on a perfectly natural and nutritiouse meal .......

STEVEBENO i say it as it is i dont fluff things up i call a spade a spade and they way people get the message .......

WHITEYrs4 i have forgotten more about nutrition and hunting than you will ever learn so climb down of your high horse and try and learn something ...........

it is an urban myth that has been doing the rounds for years and needs to be nipped in the bud before any more young gullable lads believe the nonsence and stop feeding their dogs on a perfectly natural and nutritiouse meal .......

STEVEBENO i say it as it is i dont fluff things up i call a spade a spade and they way people get the message .......

WHITEYrs4 i have forgotten more about nutrition and hunting than you will ever learn so climb down of your high horse and try and learn something ...........

SOCK You are not making much sense now! Its you who needs to get off your high horse not me. Theres people like you on this forum who stop people from wanting to reply to posts on the forum! If you look back at what I said you will see that I mentioned I only started feeding my dog on raw meat when he was 2 and half years old! I wasnt just mince it was kidney liver and heart out of all variety of animals. Now if I fed my dog raw meat from the beginning (as I said in my previous post) it might have never even have happened! You'll be telling people on here next that dogs don't eat cows shit! I fed my dog frozen pizza and now since this he is chasing frozen iceland vans SOCK now thats a joke! :tongue2: