... you know who you are ;) Following instructions and getting her out as much as possible. I've also set up a ramp and some jumps in the back garden for practice and the pup's confidence is really coming on. Unfortunately, I wasn't sprogless this time around - but, being a woman, I find it easy to manage two dogs, three kids and a camera 8):D

Today's frolicing:

This pup is a loon - she never runs out of energy; makes me tired just watching her.

DSC02579.jpg

DSC02585.jpg

DSC02586.jpg

DSC02589.jpg

DSC02590.jpg

Kids were hiding in the grass - there were a few near misses with them and the dogs :icon_eek: Thankfully, the kids have leaned to freeze when I shout STOP THE DOGS ARE RUNNING :clapper:

DSC02591.jpg

DSC02595.jpg

Twas a slow walk home and all little people and dogs are knackered :thumbs:

DSC02599.jpg

Early night for them and a couple of :drink: for me :laugh:

Guest Magwitch

When my kids were young every weekend you could find us out in the countryside walking the dogs, baby on shoulders and daughter in pushchair. Very nice to see them enjoying the outdoors and nice dogs too :thumbs:

Cheers Mag :victory: I used to do the pushchair too ... imagine shoving a double push chair, containing twin babies, across a boggy field, with two dogs in tow and a 2 year old boy running wild :icon_eek: Thankfully they're all good walkers now. I'm usually on my own with them so nobody gets carried. We have regular rest stops and fuel up with goodies along the way - works a treat :laugh: They all love getting out, seeing the wildlife etc. One of the girls is a bit soppy tho and freaks out when the dogs chase things ..... I'm hoping she'll grow out of it :angel:

Nice pics :D But a warning about letting longdogs running about together in LONG GRASS.

I had a great pair of working longdogs, always let them run free when out on exercise. One day when the grass was long these 2 were running around playing like nutters (as they did for the first 10 mins or more )

Well all of a sudden i hear a big thump :o the 2 had run head on collision in the long grass not seeing each other.

Both of them were on the floor squealing, i had to have both pts because they had bad spinal injuries.

I NEVER LET ANY OF MY LONGDOGS RUN IN LONG GRASS ANYMORE

Bry

Nice pics :D But a warning about letting longdogs running about together in LONG GRASS.

I had a great pair of working longdogs, always let them run free when out on exercise. One day when the grass was long these 2 were running around playing like nutters (as they did for the first 10 mins or more )

Well all of a sudden i hear a big thump :o the 2 had run head on collision in the long grass not seeing each other.

Both of them were on the floor squealing, i had to have both pts because they had bad spinal injuries.

I NEVER LET ANY OF MY LONGDOGS RUN IN LONG GRASS ANYMORE

Bry

surley a one off freak accident bry ....i think its good for a young dog to run with an older dog in long grass and cover ...does them the world off good ....dogs are looking good :victory: ...jumping is a very important trait ....good stuff ....the pup will deffo beinfit for the work you put in now ..for when its older ..... :clapper::clapper:

Bry, that sounds like a terrible accident. One of mine was killed in a bad accident in January. But I'm a believer that dogs lives are meant to be lived, and running freely is something I wouldn't take away from them. Plus, my grey is a pacer for the pup; chasing the grey in that long grass, through sedge etc has made the pup very agile and fit. Sorry about your dogs :(

hi lurchergrrl stop puting pic up of that pup your makeing me sick looks like you had a good day out nice old :clapper:

:D You kept her back for yourself but let her go and I'm reaping the rewards :toast: - she's a belter, got everything she needs to make a top dog. I'll let you take some glory tho; after all, you bred her!

Meet me for a mooch out sometime Lee and you can see for yourself :boogie:

• 2 weeks later...

This pup is out of Broomers second litter. And ya LDR, the plan is to work her :thumbs: Just have to FIND SOMEBODY TO TAKE ME OUT ONCE IN A WHILE ( "master" :blink: ). The kids will be in nursery and school come September so I'll have a lot of time for the dogs :D