your doing a grand job there. nothing tastes better that home grown vegies. never bein a grower but im on putting a small poly tunnel up at the moment to give it a go. got a few seeds set away im my mates green house ready to go in next week. if i take to it i might start setting a patch out next year for some root vegies ect.

your doing a grand job there. nothing tastes better that home grown vegies. never bein a grower but im on putting a small poly tunnel up at the moment to give it a go. got a few seeds set away im my mates green house ready to go in next week. if i take to it i might start setting a patch out next year for some root vegies ect.

Brilliant, you need to water the veggies in the tunnel every day. Altough you can put you hose on a timer if you can't vusut every day.

Knifebar

your lines are soo straight!

we had a small patch, but unfortunatly because of our unstaright sewing it got a WHOLE load larger!

To be honest I use a long length of timber or a line and plant along. Its looks tidy when done like this.

Knifebar

Guest smashygadge

very very nice iam jelous .

done my patch this year not looking healthy like that.

my fence is getting higher by the day,as my dog thinks iam putting it up

for him to have a course around the garden

and my plants look more like seedlings :wallbash:

well done mate :thumbs:

rented a tiller this weekend (3 day weekend but it rained the first 2 days :censored: ) , so it was mucky and tough going and I almost killed myself (seriously :cray: ) but I finally got it all tilled in. It's supposed to rain the next 2 days, I'm worried that it won't be fit for anything other than tomatoes! Oh well, I'll have to have a think on what in the world to do! The cost of veg is SO high that I HAVE to plant some, but from seed takes forever but buying seedlings is as much as buying grown and ready from the store!

rented a tiller this weekend (3 day weekend but it rained the first 2 days :censored: ) , so it was mucky and tough going and I almost killed myself (seriously :cray: ) but I finally got it all tilled in. It's supposed to rain the next 2 days, I'm worried that it won't be fit for anything other than tomatoes! Oh well, I'll have to have a think on what in the world to do! The cost of veg is SO high that I HAVE to plant some, but from seed takes forever but buying seedlings is as much as buying grown and ready from the store!

Seedlings do cost alot of money but you can grow from seed in a poly tunnel or green house and this should start them quicker. If you want todo this with peas get pea sacks as peas don't like their roots disturbed. (You plant sack with peas plant in it).

Carrots and parsnips don't transplant that well either.

good luck

Knifebar

Thats a fine patch fishfish, I particularly like the netting for the birds. i have aserious infestation of cabbage root fly and no way to stop it. Maybe next year I shall be properly prepared for this with .08mm fly mesh covering.

Good job

knifebar :clapper: