It's made me call and book the rototiller from the rental place! I like the idea of a path and hadn't put one in before, I don't have any paving stones, has anyone used bricks (we have a bunch of them) or are they just too much of a pain to make into a path similar to this one?

It has been SO wet here for the past few months that only a couple of the farmers have harrowed or sprayed as of yet, and it rained again today so I haven't a clue when crops will be put in. Even our closest neighbor (a farmer) hasn't even put in their personal use garden yet.

work ov art mate..hopein to start mine soon. so what ye got init then?

First Picture is Queens early potatoes and second is onions each side of carrots (Early Nantes).

In the distance I of second picture is the remander of early cabbages but along side I have purple srouting broccolli, cauliflowers and burssels sprouts.

I also have peas, beans, lettuce, scallions, celery, leaks and strawberrys, the camera lost power but when I get batteries I shall post more pictures for you.

It was a lot of work making the fence etc, damed rabbits, need a .22lr with night vision. Altought it it worth it, there is alot of work yet to be done, not just finished yet with the layout.

Kindest regards

Knifebar :victory:

It's made me call and book the rototiller from the rental place! I like the idea of a path and hadn't put one in before, I don't have any paving stones, has anyone used bricks (we have a bunch of them) or are they just too much of a pain to make into a path similar to this one?

It has been SO wet here for the past few months that only a couple of the farmers have harrowed or sprayed as of yet, and it rained again today so I haven't a clue when crops will be put in. Even our closest neighbor (a farmer) hasn't even put in their personal use garden yet.

The path is made of old paving flags (squares of sand and cement) but what you can do is dig out a path line each side with 6"x2" timber, in the path way you can lay plastic sheeting and then put 3" of sand and cement mix and rub the top with a floating trowel to get a nice surface.

Using brick paving can be very time consuming but it looks nice until they turn green and then the weeds and soils gets between the joints.

In wet weather cabbages will do well along with lettuces.

Knifebar

Good work. :thumbs:

Watch the whin bush in the back, she'll take over your whole garden.

That looks like good soil.

The wins or gorse can be treated to a good helping of Garlon 2, which sorts them out big time. :clapper:

Knifebar

First Picture is Queens early potatoes and second is onions each side of carrots (Early Nantes).

In the distance I of second picture is the remander of early cabbages but along side I have purple srouting broccolli, cauliflowers and burssels sprouts.

I also have peas, beans, lettuce, scallions, celery, leaks and strawberrys, the camera lost power but when I get batteries I shall post more pictures for you.

It was a lot of work making the fence etc, damed rabbits, need a .22lr with night vision. Altought it it worth it, there is alot of work yet to be done, not just finished yet with the layout.

Kindest regards

they have grow alot since i last seen them, good stuff. i can taste them already ha ha going to be very nice with a nice bit of rabbit yum yum :whistling:
I'd rather have hassle free, some days having 10 minutes to water is a stretch!

Once you get your path in place, on more trouble plus if you split your patch into three seperates areas you can use crop rotation to cut down on disease,

ie, cabbages following beans etc.

Knifebar

Kindest regards

they have grow alot since i last seen them, good stuff. i can taste them already ha ha going to be very nice with a nice bit of rabbit yum yum :whistling:

No problem I have enough to share and also bunnies as well.

Knifebar :yahoo:

neat plot ,i am re arranging my garden with the ferret sheds and dog kennel so i can have a little veg plot and a couple of chickens i bet it will rain all weekend

Thats something to behold, That is what mine "should" look like, but actually its running amock with bind weed and ground elder.

Keep up the good work.

Best ting to do is spray with Round-up, then in 3 weeks time clear away all debris, dig and turn the soil well, then get some farmyard manure dig in and then plant some cabbages for the back end of the season.

Knifebar :whistling: