Stalking again

Decided on a stalk down at a local farm before work yesterday.Met the farmer as he was getting the cows in and he told me of a buck in some mowing grass on the boundary of his place .Cautiously approached the area and sure enough ,there he was with two does ,all three couched against the hedge maybe 350yds away .The only way i could see to get a shot was to crawl through the grass to within a shootable distance .The grass my end the field is long as opposed to where the cattle have been strip grazing the other end ,where the deer where .10 yds into the crawl i was soaked as we had a bit of drizzle first thing :icon_eek: .Got to a better distance and had a peep .Just as well i did as they were up now and moving .One of the does was half through a hole in the hedge and into a neighbours field with the other doe thinking about about the same by the look of her .I knew that if the two does went through then the buck was gone too so a decision was made to shoot him from here .I'm not a exponent of long shots or claim to be a good shot at distance but if foxhunter can pull it off ,so can and it was now or never .Those of you that read my posts will know i have a dodgey right eye ,which has always been my master eye ,or so i thought ,so i've been shooting left handed for a while and it feels natural now .Set the bipod up high and steadied for the shot .A good back drop of earth and i squeezed off the trigger .Down he went .Paced it at 237 which i was well pleased with to be honest .A decent sized mature buck of which there are several on this patch . :victory:

13052008ym1.jpg