If I lay down it hurts my head on the pillow

Cant explain how it hurts

Only started with these when I stopped smoking about 6 years ago

I would not start smoking again but it makes you wonder

Hopefully it will be gone by morning

Been to doctors but no one knows why they start

Does anyone else have them?

could have gone rabbit shooting this evening if I didn't have this b*stard

I get them a lot and the doctor says they are tension related.

I'm guessing you'll have had it suggested that you have your eyes tested? Thats usually the first thing the doctor suggests but it can help sometimes.

Guest manda

Yes the past 3 days ive had a big one, started on sunday afternoon and monday morning i was being sick, my head was bursting overdosed on codiene, paracetamol and ibrufen still wouldnt shift, its calmed down today and ive got away with just 2 pain killers. i dont bother with docs they just say i dont no take pain killers lol

Seriously i do get them & as long as i take some tabs when i see the flickering in the corners off my eyes i am usually ok & the banging headache dont start & the vomiting :sick:

I was getting lots & lots off them so went to the quacks & it was the gallons of orange juice i was drinking that was the cause, i still get them but not often thank god

Don't get them often but when I do boy are they a bugger. Usually start seeing stars followed by a headache and then vomiting. Last one lasted three days.............Migraleave seem to be the best meds.

I am rarely ill, I just don't have the time. But I do occasionally get migranes, but normally only after weeks of incredible stress and no sleep. I have only had a couple in the past few years, but I used to get them every few months for about 8 years. The ONLY thing that ever works for me it to drink a room temperature regular Pepsi from a can with a few Bayer asprin and then I have to be in a dark room with no or only very minimal light. I have to prop up with a bunch of pillows so I'm not sitting straight but not laying down flat either, and it has to be dead quiet. I mean not a peep from anyone, not any music, even the air conditioner can infuriate me. It isn't just a headache, it is a complete feeling of pain and rage that overtakes me. Normally I didn't get any nausea but the past few times I did, but the treatment was the same. Usually I'll doze off and a couple hours later wake up and its gone.

It is horrible but not the end of the world. I hope you feel better soon!

What you've decribed HW is about how I have to deal with mine. I don't normally get nausea but every so often I will.

I have to say, since getting my eyes checked I don't seem to get them as much as I wear my glasses for typing, reading or when i'm straining my eyes but I do sometimes get them still and they are a pain in the arse!

Guest timeout

Suffered from them for years.When i was a teen the dr had to come out to the house and give me an injection.If it is trully as bad as you say and you defo think it is a migraine then get Imagran from your dr it works a treat.Now that i have spoken about them,i will prob get one now :wallbash:

I have tablets from doc and they do make it "duller"

funny but I have just had 2 pint of pepsi and feel a little better

its still there but

hey if it gets really better I can see me getting a g n t later

just a p*sser when they come

but hey ho there are a lot of people worse off than me so better not moan.

Seriously i do get them & as long as i take some tabs when i see the flickering in the corners off my eyes i am usually ok & the banging headache dont start & the vomiting :sick:

I was getting lots & lots off them so went to the quacks & it was the gallons of orange juice i was drinking that was the cause, i still get them but not often thank god

They are often stress related but my sister used to get them terribly.

She cut out citrus on the advice of some hippy and never got them again! :thumbs:

True fact.