horses and trailers

Guest jimbobsweeney

i used to keep horses.. i dont have many pics however... just one or two

joeistall.jpg - you can hardly see me peeking out over his back.. Joe (or Snot) was a 15hh appaloosa/walking horse gelding. i called him the dumb blond, among other names :p once in a while i think about buying him back from the man i sold him to - he doesnt ride him anymore lol too wild for him! - but then i remember all the hell that horse put me through.... my husband liked him though.

bonnie.jpg

and here's the other horse i used to ride, Bonnie, a Tennessee Walker mare. fat and slow, but she took care of her riders lol was out with a group of riders before i got my horse... a young gelding decided he didnt like me riding so close to his friend (another gelding) so he wheeled around and kicked. Bonnie was paying attention(i sure wasnt!) she moved out of the way. if she hadnt the gelding would have kicked my leg. instead she took the hit in the stomach.

by the end of it all i was hanging off the other side of the saddle with my knee around the saddle horn wondering what the hell just happened.

no.... i dont own horses anymore.

Edited by BlueCoyote

yeah Bonnie was a good girl. could always trust her ... except for one time. in spite of keeping me from getting kicked by another horse SHE managed to put a dent in my thigh.... and all because of a donkey that spooked her when she had her head down eating. i was shocked but knew i was to blame lol i was trying to shoo the donkey away to go eat his own food.. instead he ran over top of her head, she freaked out and kicked - i just happened to be standing too close.

and that HURT!! i still have the hoof print lol

not mine but a great pic all the same :laugh:

horse081006_536x700.jpg

:icon_eek: careful he doesnt get stepped on!!!

here's some pics i took last year at Pebble Hill Plantation in Georgia.

Pictures040.jpg

Pictures029.jpg

and here's my grandad's old chihuahua(squirrel killer) on his horse, Charlie

Mitzi_The_Murderer.jpg

and Red Hills Horse Trials

100_2414.jpg

...always wanted to train my horse how to jump :wallbash: he would have been good at it.

anyway lol i think the next horse i get will be a short one..... that way if i fall off i wont have so far to go before i hit the dirt! :victory: