hi all, please help.

my 7 month old lurcer broke the top of her front leg, i was lifting her over a gate and she sprung out of my arms and landed funny, vets plastered it up, now has had plaster off and its been 9 weeks now and still her leg is a funny shape. even though it broke at the top of her leg the bottom, below the knucke seems weak and slightly bent. vet said she will be fine, but not sure myself.

hi all, please help.

my 7 month old lurcer broke the top of her front leg, i was lifting her over a gate and she sprung out of my arms and landed funny, vets plastered it up, now has had plaster off and its been 9 weeks now and still her leg is a funny shape. even though it broke at the top of her leg the bottom, below the knucke seems weak and slightly bent. vet said she will be fine, but not sure myself.

my first lurcher broke her rear leg at the hock joint when a couple of years old........obviously had the thought about putting her down etc......some advised i should some said i shouldn't .....anyway it healed and with a bit of gentle exercise she went on to slay many many hares,rabbits, a few foxes and deer...........she lived a long time after the break and worked well with no weakness at all.

That said they are all different, give her a chance and plenty of rest/gentle exercise, follow vets advice and see

good luck

What sort of exercise has she been getting since the plaster came off? Is there somewhere nearby where you can chuck her in to do a bit of swimming?

very light exercise, just short wals on concrete, or grass, she will not swim, hates deep water

What sort of exercise has she been getting since the plaster came off? Is there somewhere nearby where you can chuck her in to do a bit of swimming?

thats the way there seems to be these pools everywhere best form of exercise for recovering dogs :thumbs:

my beddy broke her pelvis thanks to a kind cyclist who peddled off without stopping when she was 4 months old ,i put a harness on her and threw her in the river she hated it to start but it really helped her you carnt tell now the vet is well impressed with the result she is 18 months old now and the only problem is i carnt get her out of the river now lol