Hi, I just joined and am pretty new to forums. Thought I would introduce myself as advised. My name is Gav I live on the isle of lewis (top island of the outer hebrides), plenty of rabbits here as there are no foxes, the only predator really is mink but they are trapping them and dont see any, well I havent any way. The trouble is trying to get permission to shoot. The crofters here will gladly let you shoot geese (in season) on the crofts as they ruin the grazing for their sheep. I own a .22 Weihrauch hw95+walther 4-12x50, and wont shoot any thing that I am not prepared to eat, I do target practice just to keep my eye in though.

I will be having a nosey round when I get the chance as we have a one year old who is a hand full, not easy at 40 (I know still having kids at 40 you would think I would have learned after the first, now six later ahhhh). :whistling:

Edited by Gav

Hi, I just joined and am pretty new to forums. Thought I would introduce myself as advised. My name is Gav I live on the isle of lewis (top island of the outer hebrides), plenty of rabbits here as there are no foxes, the only predator really is mink but they are trapping them and dont see any, well I havent any way. The trouble is trying to get permission to shoot. The crofters here will gladly let you shoot geese (in season) on the crofts as they ruin the grazing for their sheep. I own a .22 Weihrauch hw95 and wont shoot any thing that I am not prepared to eat, I do target practice just to keep my eye in though.

I will be having a nosey round when I get the chance as we have a one year old who is a hand full, not easy at 40 (I know still having kids at 40 you would think I would have learned after the first, now six later ahhhh). :whistling:

Hello to you, I'm also new here and i hope you enjoy it here, i hunt only now and then but with Greyhounds only..

Thanks all for ya kind welcomes, I am all ready roaming and posting and the wife complaining haha ... its all great cheers, wish i'd have signed up 25 years ago.

hmmm thinking about it most of you wernt here 25 years ago huh ... :haha: