Large Goods Vehicle

Just got back in and I flew through my test ;) only got five minors.

My instructor said it was "f*****g excellent" ... the examiner is one of the strictest, and apparantly people do very good to pass with about 9 minors ;)

Just got back in and I flew through my test ;) only got five minors.

My instructor said it was "f*****g excellent" ... the examiner is one of the strictest, and apparantly people do very good to pass with about 9 minors ;)

Well done have you got a job lined up or are you going down the agency route for experience?

Well done RH :good: Yorkie bars all the way :) Welcome to a world of road rage,pushed to the limit on driving time,stupid morons hanging you out to dry on the outside lane :wankerzo4: & other things to make your day on the road a enjoyable one!!!By the way i ain,t bitter & twisted :boogie:

Guest oldskool

good man mate... when i done mine the sweat was pissin off me lol... it was easier for me though because now the instructors lorry has to be an 8 gear job where as my test truck was only a straight 6 speed... headin for the 2nd test at the end of may... not lookin forward to it because my instructor is a deadly man to sit next to but he's good... i only got 3 minors with mine and it was all due to the instructors :big_boss: :big_boss: :big_boss: during the lessons

i got it paid for when i was on JSA

I think its about £700 though

how did you get JSA to pay for it? as when i went they said they wouldnt pay so iv got to pay out of my own pocket

HI all

first time ive written on this forum normally i like to just sit and read through the articles and there is some really good stuff on here to read ive learnt a lot from this site but I thought it was relevant that i made a coment .

12 months ago I closed down my HGV/LGV training business after 20yrs as an instructor, and started a small part time Pest control business Not from scratch I'd been carrying out pest control for local land owners for about 10yrs so pest management is not new to me and i feel i still have a hell of a lot to learn hence why Im always scouting through this forum any way thats enough about me back to the LGV test 75% of people who fail thier test wether it be car/motorcycle or HGV fail in the last 5 to or10 minutes of the test this is due to them relaxing because they Know that they are returning to the test centre my advice to you would be dont relax until that examiner as told you to park up and switch of the engine,

and you've all heard the rumour that they only pass so many in a day its a load of bollocks you only pass the test if your good enough and theres no shame in failing that test because its not an easy test these days.

as for getting your tuition paid for, pester the job centre every time you sign on because there is money available for retraining but only after you've been on the rock and roll for about 12months .

But once you have passed, its as your man said earlier wellcome to a life of stress wrong address on paper work, early starts late finish and transport managers who want blood from a stone, thats why i havent touched a lorry in 12 months .

Good luck to the chap who is taking his test at the end of May.

and all the best to you all.

p p