gasram?

right its basically the same as a spring it works on the same princaple as a spring its just has a little less recoil but not a great deal less but you can leave the rifle cocked for as long as you want with out it weakening the power like a unlike a spring the weakens under the prolonged strain of being cocked to long hope this helps if you want more info go to theoben web page they will tell you all about it regards tim

right its basically the same as a spring it works on the same princaple as a spring its just has a little less recoil but not a great deal less but you can leave the rifle cocked for as long as you want with out it weakening the power like a unlike a spring the weakens under the prolonged strain of being cocked to long hope this helps if you want more info go to theoben web page they will tell you all about it regards tim

nice one pal.i'll have a gander.

Theoben have no gas rams as their supplier stopped supplying them .Different recoil altogether than a spring faster lock time .what gun have you got? Not all will take a gas ram .PM if you want my mate developed them and will supply me.

Theoben have no gas rams as their supplier stopped supplying them .Different recoil altogether than a spring faster lock time .what gun have you got? Not all will take a gas ram .PM if you want my mate developed them and will supply me.

well listen to DONNYC SEEMS to BE AN EXPERT HES IN THE KNOW but hey think the man took that straight out of a magazine colum any way i got a theoben mate yes quicker lock but stil got recoil and like shirlock homes says but they aint much difrent from a springer take it from me

Edited by JohnGalway
text talk - again

You some sort of twat?? .Ive forgot more about rams than you will ever learn .Developed more rams for more guns than theoben to be honest ..Can you get one then ??? No you cant.And i bet you are another BBS user .The bloke asked and Ive answered with facts not any derogatory shite like you have .I can help him you cant if you have nothing better to say feck off and not wreck another post . :censored:

I have a HW90 with a gasram which I've recently started using again and have had a springer and these are my OPINIONS so hopefully no one will throw 'da faktz' at me

1. less recoil and it seems less 'two way' than with springers and more manageable

2. less noise

3. harder to cock (or maybe thats just the HW90)

4. alot more consistent (but maybe depends on the maker of the gun)

5. can leave it cocked with no apparent loss of power, but with springers there is a noticeable drop in power.

I prefer it to my old springer.

I have a HW90 with a gasram which I've recently started using again and have had a springer and these are my OPINIONS so hopefully no one will throw 'da faktz' at me

1. less recoil and it seems less 'two way' than with springers and more manageable

2. less noise

3. harder to cock (or maybe thats just the HW90)

4. alot more consistent (but maybe depends on the maker of the gun)

5. can leave it cocked with no apparent loss of power, but with springers there is a noticeable drop in power.

I prefer it to my old springer.

Hi Fillythebish, i am looking to get my first air rifle and was considering a Weirauch HW97 but was also interested in the gas ram principal that Weirauch have used in their HW90, as an owner of an HW90 would you say that the trigger mech is stiffer than a conventional springer as i have heard that Weirauch had interface issues with their famous smooth trigger mech when matching it to the Theoben gas ram

many thanks

Fin and fur

ive had gasrams in webley rifles and in a bsa lightning. and in the lightning it wasnt very good it recoiled harsh and wasnt to my likening. yet in the webley rifles it was fine and better the a spring. my guess is because the bsa lightning is a smaal compact gun you feel it more then the webleys. and it didnt help as the lightning trigger was crap.

the trigger was heavy and then when it did pull the ram was very harsh in it.

in a hw i would think it would be fine as there bigger well built rifles :thumbs:

ive had gasrams in webley rifles and in a bsa lightning. and in the lightning it wasnt very good it recoiled harsh and wasnt to my likening. yet in the webley rifles it was fine and better the a spring. my guess is because the bsa lightning is a smaal compact gun you feel it more then the webleys. and it didnt help as the lightning trigger was crap.

the trigger was heavy and then when it did pull the ram was very harsh in it.

in a hw i would think it would be fine as there bigger well built rifles :thumbs:

Cheers Jamie

many thanks for the advice

Hi Fillythebish, i am looking to get my first air rifle and was considering a Weirauch HW97 but was also interested in the gas ram principal that Weirauch have used in their HW90, as an owner of an HW90 would you say that the trigger mech is stiffer than a conventional springer as i have heard that Weirauch had interface issues with their famous smooth trigger mech when matching it to the Theoben gas ram

many thanks

Fin and fur

The trigger is fine, and can be adjusted by a screw, I have it set so it doesnt take much pressure to pull.

ad a weirauch hw90 gas ram theoben conversion top quality piece of kit