Yesterday I was out with some friends in the fomouse wineyard region of Chianti,central Tuscany.THe first earth we tried we had a quick bolt with an outstanding Jagdterrier bitch in a small rock pile.We tried a few more without success untill we come to a two holer in a steep wood,we entered Arnold a good jagd terrier and after two minutes he was bailing and mixing.after half an hour with the dog hard at his quarry we heard the sound of rocks collapsing.

We could no more ear the dog and we started feeling the worst.we tried to dig to the dog but more soil and rocks were falling.So we made a trench 5 meter long and 1,5 metre deep following the tube to the face of the fall.It was hard going cos of the stones and the roots and we even had to eradicate a medium sized oak tree.After finding the face of the fall we started a tunnell removing the stones one by one.After about 4 ours of hard work we reached Arnold that was near soffucated.But after a few minutes outside he wa swagging his tail and this morning he is well as ever.

My biggest thank is to my friend Roberto that despite being out with terriers for only the second time did most of the digging.

P27-04-08_18.33.jpg

P27-04-08_18.33[01].jpg

P27-04-08_18.34.jpg

Edited by valerio

glad you got youre dog out alright what style do them jagd terriers work like and whats the average height off them

Most jagdterrier are hard dogs,some eastern european lines are too hard.I think most of our Jagds are between 0,30 m to 0,35 m and about 7 or 8 kilos.Some dogs are bigger.

Arnold is probably 0,32 m and 7 kilos

Sorry but I can only use the metric sistem.He was breed in hungary by Mr Ferenc Kulcsar of Duvadirto kennells

Edited by valerio