First deer!

Well after a few nights out stalking I shot my first deer! Have had my Sako 75 .243 for about 3 weeks now and the only thing I have shot at was targets.

So tonight was a fine warm night with just a slight breeze. Out came the gun and off to go and sit at the edge of the wood. I made sure I was out early. Deer had been using one of the field margins, there were alot of tracks. I got myself in a good position, one that gave me a good field of view and a good area to take a safe shot. After over an hour and as the light was failing, the buck came into sight. He came down a hedge on my right, the kept to the far side of the hedge in front of me, not stopping at all. Then he jumped over the hedge just to my left, but kept moving. I followed him looking down the Swarovski scope, which gave a perfect image. Then in the far distance I heard the sound of a car, so did the buck, he stopped and put his head up to listen. That was my chance, I placed the cross hairs, safety off and brushed the trigger. He fell in an instant. My first deer, to remember forever! My heart is still racing!

Fastrac 10

Edited by fastrac10