Guest Ditch_Shitter

We see this situation time and again. Now it'll just turn into a protracted arguement about whose responsibility it is.

See; The rail networks really couldn't give a flying f*ck about anything. Thus they'll want to just forget the problem they shoot past with their trains. Not effecting their fare paying passangers, so it's a case of 'So what?'.

What'll happen is their solicitors will say the public footpath and road below is the responsibility of the local council - that they are taking Poll Taxes to pay themselves to keep those streets clean. So, if Mrs Arkwright from 72 slips up in pigeon shit and breaks her hip, 'it's the councils fault'.

All that, of course, will wrangle on and cost Poll Tax payers a fortune. I'm honestly yet to hear of a rail owner coughing up for anything in these cases.

Guest Ditch_Shitter
something needs doing, you guys should come over and get rid.

Sadly, not as simple as all that, mate. I once heard of a Pestie who was doing just that. He was picking road hackers off a railway bridge with a .22 air rifle in the small hours.

I was never furnished with the intimate detail, but it seems the jolly old ARV turned up. Can't remember exactly how it all went down now. But it was something along the lines of he didn't quite recognise the situation for what it was and didn't quite catch or comprehend what the Police were yelling at him. Thus he, quite automatically and naturally took a step towards them, better to hear what they wanted.

Quite what happened then, I really don't know. But the 'punch line' of the story is that he was reliably informed that, had the event gone down in exactly the same manner only just across in the neighbouring forces territory, that step foreward would have been his last.

Seems it was the policy of the neighbouring force that, once a verbal warning and command was issued to an armed suspect, if the silly blighter advanced on the armed Police Officers? They'd open fire without further hesitation! :icon_eek:

Not a situation many would wish to involve themselves in with any hint of the cavalier, is it?

Think I'd sooner leave it to Stubby! :laugh: