Pup wont drink

Hi all, ive got a Bedlington x Whippet pup, hes just coming up 7 month old, he's the picture of health, loves to run around and go mad etc but he just wont drink his water :S

he loves his food and his water bowl is always full and with fresh water but he just doesnt touch it, he never has really since i got him, just odd times, even when he's hot and been running around. Ive tried it with a drop of milk in, lactose free milk etc but still no good. at the minute im just soaking his biscuits and leaving the excess water to try and get some in him that way. Because of this his pee looks like lucozade and absolutely stinks.

The only other thing i can think to try is a water bottle like you have for a rabbit,lol, see if he'l drink it that way.

Any ideas ?

Edited by Greyduster

Hi all, ive got a Bedlington x Whippet pup, hes just coming up 7 month old, he's the picture of health, loves to run around and go mad etc but he just wont drink his water :S

he loves his food and his water bowl is always full and with fresh water but he just doesnt touch it, he never has really since i got him, just odd times, even when he's hot and been running around. Ive tried it with a drop of milk in, lactose free milk etc but still no good. at the minute im just soaking his biscuits and leaving the excess water to try and get some in him that way. Because of this his pee looks like lucozade and absolutely stinks.

The only other thing i can think to try is a water bottle like you have for a rabbit,lol, see if he'l drink it that way.

Any ideas ?

rainwater,try collecting some he might prefer that

Any ideas ?

mate whippet are not big drinkers he will drink when ever he needs to dont worrie

suprised he wont drink with milk in , you can try with watry gravy, if ya boil ant meat for him, rabbits ect. they love the water from that with tiny bits of meat in. or an oxo cube disolved in hot water then cooled.

but as was said erlier most dogs prefer rain watey

if its canned meat from the tesco ect... that you feed your pup then there is plenty of water in them anyway. my greyxbullxwippet was similar when i fed him the canned food but since i have put him onto hard biscuit he has been drinking loads. although he has always loved to drink from streams and rivers anyway.

Cheers for the replies, theres a few things for me to try there.

Id thought nothing of it really but i thought he just seemed a bit dehydrated with his pee being so yellow and smelly. il give some of them a try anyway and keep an eye on him.

Thanks again :victory:

Any ideas ?

DONT WORRY BOUT IT I GOT A DOG THAT HARDLY EATS DOING MY HEAD IN

I have water supplies all around me, lakes, springs etc and all of my dogs dont touch tap water. They may occasionally drink filtered water and they do have fresh meat daily. Try filtered water or fresh rain water, or see if he quenches his thirst at a water supply lake etc.