• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1, thanks lots of info but i don't need google to be able to define creatine etc as in earlier post if i had gotten the info from another source i would have given that source!

2, i never said that creatine was anything other than what it is if you have a problem with my definition please tell me what part you feel is wrong. what i said was that there are ways of maximising your dogs potential without relying on unneeded supplyments. all these "athletes" that you mention i'm sure depend on training for their particuler sport above and beyond any suppliments that they may take.

3, if creatine was such a irreplaceable wonderful muscle building agent then it seems strange that its not in general use for human patients who suffer from muscle wasting illness, post surgery, etc. there are a number of studies on creatine but i feel that the jury is still out on the substance. it must be remembered that many "experts" and " studies" MAY NOT BE ALL THEY SEEM. the old story of lots of positive research about the benifits of red wine, carried out by the the university of bordeaux springs to mind.

So finally, sports persons who do use creatine supplyments are on the whole sprinters or weight lifters, lurchers should be more about speed indurance than big muscles as big muscles weigh to much to carry on repeated runs or long courses. look at the difference between a 100mts runner and a 400mts runner! again i state you will get better results from training for increased vo2 max and lactate threshold inprovements than unproven supplyments. your dogs not going to build new muscle between runs on the lamp but it is going to need to be able to deal with high lactic acid.

am on lunch at present an on duty again tommorrow so will return to the fray monday bye for now.

cooking meat alows the dog to utilise more of the nutrients as the cooking process starts the breakdown. remember that protein (meat) and fat are in the main turned into carbohydrate by the dogs body (glucneogenesis) to be used as fuel. with carbohydrate sources such as vegtable matter then the cooking again alows more of the nutrients to be utilised.

its common sense a balenced diet is best for man or beast.

3 food types:

1 fat used for repair, storage and energy.

2 protein used for repair, growth, storage and energy.

3 carbs (suger) the main energy source. the 2 above are the spare parts for the car carbs are the petrol.

lets get back to the original arguement above is what you posted and it is incorect COOKING MEAT KILLS PROTEIN AND NATURAL CREATINE ... DOGS DO NOT GET ENERGY FROM CARBS BUT FROM FATS ..... now never mind about all the clever words and long posts ... you were wrong and anybody that knows a dit about dogs will know this ..... so again i ask you .... SHOW ME SOME PICS OF YOUR COOKED FOOD FED DOGS ...........

creatine in a human must use a transporter ie fruit drink to help the body absorb it , would that be the same for a canine???

not strictly true ... we all have natural creatine in our bodies which we get from our diet and the body absorbes that itself .... the synthetic creatine you buy in powder form works better with fruite juice but you dont need to use it .... dogs absorb creatine from meat naturaly ............

alright lads started feeding my bedlington raw diet and she loves it but im gettin a lurcher pup in a couple of weeks so when do i start giving her raw meat she will be 6 wks old

at taht young age and being taken from the mother i would leave her on the feed the breeder has her on for a month or so untill she fully settles in ..... i feed mine on raw from pups .......

Picture020.jpg

Guest tossa

got an english bulldog at december, fed her raw chicken on the bone ie wings @ legs from day one ,

have to cut the bones with secateurs into smaller pieces as the gutsy bitch swallows them whole :D:D

socks mate go an look up gluconeogenisis, the process whereby none carb foods are converted into carbs (glucose) when there isn't sufficient in the food eaten, the definition is my own but i'm sure that although put into laymens terms it is basically correct, if you really want i'll go up to the loft an get one of my old anatomy and physiology books down and quote it ad lib. as for pictures of my dogs well i didn't know i was entering a beauty competition and i've got to say i've had good and not so good dogs in my time i don't think you could tell which was which from a picture. i've a bitch at present that was only beaten by the best in show at the west of england but she's far from the best working dogi've owned. against this there is one constant with my dogs and thats me! so, although i'm a bit of an old git. if you feel the need to compete in a fitness trial it's 10 km around the burrow near me your welcome to eat lots of creatine and raw meat and we'll have a run and see who's the fittest! :laugh:

i've stated that it's my belief that a balenced diet, including cooked or raw meat, will give all the nutrients a dog needs. cooking begins the breakdown process that in theory should mean that, although some things may be degraded by cooking, the stomach is able to remove maximum from the meal. so in theory cooked could give some degredation of minor nutrients but better absorbsion of the remander while raw might give higher levels of minor nutrients but lower absorbtion, so it seems like swings and roundabouts to me.

a couple have mentioned fluids taken with creatine perhaps it's not so much what type but amount that is important, http://www.personalhealthzone.com/herbal_m...de_effects.html. in this Bailes je et al suggest a link between creatine and dehydration due to the fluid shift it causes in the body so i hope you users are ensuring that your dogs are hydrated as dehydration has a major effect on performance.

ps, please note when looking at site offering info about creatine that if they are selling it the may not be totally unbiased!

you are still wafling ... like i said my arguement is that contrary to your belief cooking KILLS CREATINE and dog get their energy from fats FACT .... you are getting confused with how humans use foods and how dogs use them .... as for the little fitness test big man i wouldnt bother if i was you ;););) ... oh and i dont use creatine i find it shit :D:D:D

you are still wafling ... like i said my arguement is that contrary to your belief cooking KILLS CREATINE and dog get their energy from fats FACT .... you are getting confused with how humans use foods and how dogs use them .... as for the little fitness test big man i wouldnt bother if i was you ;););) ... oh and i dont use creatine i find it shit :D:D:D

i take it you didn't look up glyconeogenisis then mr socks? oh well you can take a socks to the well of knowledge but you can't make him drink. :laugh:

as to creatine being destroyed by cooking i don't recall saying it was or wasn't, but feel free to quote me if i'm wrong, what i said was that "a dog can get everything it needs from a balenced diet" a balenced diet, that has the meat cooked or raw, will give it all the building blocks to make/convert everything it needs including creatine theres no need to give it loads of crap!!

perhaps you can tell me a little about diabetic dogs mr socks ie glucose, insulin and keytones etc..... :blink: or you could put the shovel down and stop digging. :laugh:

shame about the run was looking forward to a little competition, there is a visiters centre with a toilet in case all that raw meat and supplyments course a little accident, no oh well surfs up any way.