Guard Dog

Hi all,

I live in a very remote place and have decided that i would like to get a guard dog!

I have 2 bull x's a spaniel and a patterdale that i would like to know are in safe hands while i am out working?

Also at night i would like a dog that would scare the shit out of someone if the came snooping around.

All of my dogs bark a bit when they hear somthing but i realy want a deterent to put people off my place?

Your views would be much appreciated

Gary

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I live in a very remote place and have decided that i would like to get a guard dog!

I have 2 bull x's a spaniel and a patterdale that i would like to know are in safe hands while i am out working?

Also at night i would like a dog that would scare the shit out of someone if the came snooping around.

All of my dogs bark a bit when they hear somthing but i realy want a deterent to put people off my place?

Gary

GERMAN SHEPHARD,you will not find a better equiped dog for guarding.ive had 2 of these in my life and trust me when you hear these dogs barking and growling and see the size of them,YOU WILL NOT ENTER THE PREMISES,not only are they great guard dogs,they are very intelligent and make great companions

Guest ocs1867

I have had and worked with many guardian breeds from GSD to Neo's from Boerboels to Presa's. From what I've seen I would choose either a Boerboel or a well bred Rottweiler.

Hi all,

Gary

GERMAN SHEPHARD,you will not find a better equiped dog for guarding.ive had 2 of these in my life and trust me when you hear these dogs barking and growling and see the size of them,YOU WILL NOT ENTER THE PREMISES,not only are they great guard dogs,they are very intelligent and make great companions

german shepard every time mate..they are great gaurds....

there is a ridgeback x rottie gaurding a builders yard over my way, scares the sh1t out of me every time i have to pass, i dont even like looking in its direction let alone walking on the same side of road lol

My auntie has got a GSD x Rotty, hes great with people, a great guard and also a big bugger! Would make a good guard dog.

Other than that any big mean looking guarding breed would do you really. A kennels called 'Greys Holt' breed Alaunts for guarding and family guardians etc. Ive heard theyre very good and they look ferocious!

Gaz.

Guest ocs1867
My auntie has got a GSD x Rotty, hes great with people, a great guard and also a big bugger! Would make a good guard dog.

Other than that any big mean looking guarding breed would do you really. A kennels called 'Greys Holt' breed Alaunts for guarding and family guardians etc. Ive heard theyre very good and they look ferocious!

Gaz.

They got a site Gaz?

PS Who said Geese? What about if Mr Red is about. :whistling:

If these cruel buggers wanted to steal your dogs then nothing would stop them, not even a vicious looking guard dog, espcially when you live out in the country. Think about it, all the need is a silenced weapon. I would invest in some other sort of protection, not a dog.

You can chain them outside the kennels...etc. They would literally have to kill them to get at the dogs they are protecting. So, most of the time they will work.

Where i am now we have GSD, and a Bull Mastiff x Rotty. They have done the trick more than once!

I'll go and get a couple of pics........

Hi all,

Gary

hello gary,...dont take this the wrong way,......i dont know you or nothing about your experience with dogs, but if you are asking, what guard dog to get....are you sure you are ready for a 'guarding type dog'

take you time and do alot of research,.......guard dogs are not 'toys'

valentino