After that last fecking stupid post :doh: ........................YES,I have seen one about6-7yrs ago on our local common,and,I can honestly say that I crapped myself,and,I didn't tell anyone for about 3 months.And,then someone told me that they had seen one also locally,so we swapped stories.I used to very sceptical,but now I know they are out there.............Martin.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest little_lloyd

A few years ago me and a mate seen a big black cat at close range,, the size of a lab,, And by the time we got to where it was nothing but the fur it lefft to clamber through the barbed wire,, And ive found some big prings the other day,, So we always have our eyes open and looking.

Guest dog on
After that last fecking stupid post :doh: ........................YES,I have seen one about6-7yrs ago on our local common,and,I can honestly say that I crapped myself,and,I didn't tell anyone for about 3 months.And,then someone told me that they had seen one also locally,so we swapped stories.I used to very sceptical,but now I know they are out there.............Martin.
STUPID post how about i let the mods know you are trying to mess with my password resets and there is probibly a chance you get band from the forum would you like it to hapen to you.if i knew where he lived then if i happen to be in his area i could stop his shit one and for all but thats computers for you just letters not realality so im afraid it is the only way to reply to sutch shit Edited by dog on
Guest terrierman94

About 14 years ago a man that runed a scrap yard owned two big panthers abot half a mile away from where i live and apparnetly he killed one but let the other loose in north wales.

I dont belive that anyone has killed one yet. Or even found a dead one. But if they have, and have kept it quiet, then they have made a big mistake. I would definately take one, given the right oppertunity. As this is a case that has had so much put into it with no real proof.

Does anyone know for certain exactly what breed they are for deffinate! (from hair samples etc..).

It seams most likely to be a panther, which is (correct me if im wrong) a black form of jaguar. But I thaught these were much larger?

Can you get black mountain lions? As these are a bit smaller and (to me) look more similar to what I saw. :hmm:

seen one about 15 years just outside brechin reported it big cat people and old bill also there has been numerious sightings in and around irvine valley area in last few moths i think mistwalker had an encounter with one in last few weeks

Lordy a big cat in this litle island and no evidence discovered?

Now if a 1/4 of the posters on this forum work their dogs regulary and there were big cats then we should have lots of evidence to prove they exist from across the country. Also ther would be road kills etc but like nessie it's hard to disprove somehting excists.

Guest Ditch_Shitter
It seams most likely to be a panther, which is (correct me if im wrong) a black form of jaguar.

Can you get black mountain lions?

A 'Panther' is a melanistic (Black) form of Leopard.

Theoretically, ye can get black cougars. Just as ye can get albino ones. It's just a genetic aberration of pigmentation - or lack there of. But I don't believe a specimen skin exists.

A 'Panther' is a melanistic (Black) form of Leopard.

Theoretically, ye can get black cougars. Just as ye can get albino ones. It's just a genetic aberration of pigmentation - or lack there of. But I don't believe a specimen skin exists.

Yeah im not 100% sure but theres only ever been one melanistic puma (cougar) shot and even then it could still have been a jaguar , i think it was in New Mexico or somewhere around there.

And fooking ell digga my big permission is out Brampton way .. i'll be keeping my eyes peeled.

i was out early one morning ,with my son and my dogs,nice day ,just enjoying a bit of sunshine,walking on a path on the wealden way in sussex,the dogs were off in the woods,my son was lagging behind,so i stopped turned around and looked to see where hed got to,he was slowly catching up so i turned to continue the walk,as i turned ,i saw a black panther come out of the bushes on my left,cross the path i was on, really slowly,and disappeared into the woods the other side,i stood there for a second as if to register what id just seen,then ran in, after it ,but stopped suddenly when i thought what the f**k are you doing,i grabbed my son got the dogs together and f****d off.that was on the saturday ,i reported it to defra monday morning. 8) i shit you not

i was out early one morning ,with my son and my dogs,nice day ,just enjoying a bit of sunshine,walking on a path on the wealden way in sussex,the dogs were off in the woods,my son was lagging behind,so i stopped turned around and looked to see where hed got to,he was slowly catching up so i turned to continue the walk,as i turned ,i saw a black panther come out of the bushes on my left,cross the path i was on, really slowly,and disappeared into the woods the other side,i stood there for a second as if to register what id just seen,then ran in, after it ,but stopped suddenly when i thought what the f**k are you doing,i grabbed my son got the dogs together and f****d off.that was on the saturday ,i reported it to defra monday morning. 8) i shit you not

is it supposed to be good luck or bad when a black cat crosses your path? :hmm:

I remember in the late 90's going for a trek round some woods with a couple of mates! this peice of land isn't shot over and very oldy woldy looking and virtualy untouched. we aproached one wood and had to make our own path through the nettles to what looked like a old disused Shed/Hut, we amaged to get a good way until we hit a thick Bramble patch which stopped us in out tracks! when I looked back along the path made through the nettles I could see the tops of nettles moving from the right in the direction of the path.

we all stood stock still as the movement got closer and closer to a troden path and Bang!! out slithered a Black cat about the size of a Labrador but silky smooth and longer! it never looked in out direction but turned away from us skulking low and it disapeared from sight. all three of us looked at each other in shock and all of us confirmed what we had just witnessed...

Slowly we headed back down the path in the direct the cat went to get out of the place, we reached a clearing and there on the edge steering back at us was the cat laying low and menaceing, all of us ran like hell splitting into oposite directions but the Cat chose to sprint in my direction :icon_eek: ...

I ran like hell in along the beaten path towards the old Hut until I scrambled to the Door ripped to peices by the bramble's but the door wouldn't budge, to the side was a small window which thankfully I managed to force! by this time I could here the cat directly behind me coming at me full pelt. I just managed to get the window slightly open with my upper Body sqeezing through when I felt a almighty pain! I looked down to see the Large Cat Biteing and pulling and pulling and pulling and pulling at my leg..... :icon_eek:....

Just like I'm Pulling Yours.......... :tongue2: