fox control or not ?

Guest friedrice

Guest dog on
they will see your eyes shine and could mistake you for an animal.( i think?)
i think you will find that human eyes dont reflect the light like animals eyes do .i would screem and jump up and down waving my arms like fcuk if it was me on permision so they know i was there .i used to get shot at quite regular tho but i put a stop to it Edited by dog on

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Using animals as simply live target practice was never mentioned in the same breath as Field Sports in my time.

Littering the countryside - often illegally - with exploded animals is more akin to wanton vandalism. You support That sort of behaviour? You want That called " Field Sports "? Fine.

Behaviour like that is simply one more nail in True " Hunting ". Driven there by little more than selfish, stupid and ignorant Chavs who happen to have got FACs.

i think you will find that human eyes dont reflect the light like animals eyes do .i would screem and jump up and down waving my arms like fcuk if it was me on permision so they know i was there .i used to get shot at quite regular tho but i put a stop to it

wern't in the army by any chance

I dont think any of us on here are trying to say we dont want the foxes killed, it is just that these people seem to be driving around huge areas in their landrovers shooting any fox they see on anyones land, they wont have permission on any of it, more than likely, it just speaks of a dangerous situation to be in if youre legitimately shooting on the land. I have no objection to dead foxes, being an under keeper its part of my job, but what i do object to is people taking shots across my ground when i am on it, or not on it for that matter. From the time i saw the car stop, the time between the lamp coming across my ground,stopping on the fox and the shot being fired was no more than 10-15 secs. So no time to object or warn these people i was there, they were on target before i had time to think or act.

Guest bigredbusa
when it stopped flashed a lamp across the common first then my ground spotted a fox which was around 200 yrds in front of me, which i couldnt see at the time, and someone fired and killed it, i was just scared shitless by now, thinking they will be after the bunnies next which were a lot closer to me,

I let off a shot from the .410 to let them know someone was there, and they screeched off, i was as white as a sheet.

So ratman it does happen unfortunately.

i take it if you had a shotgun that night you also had a lamp or was you using nv with it ??

when it stopped flashed a lamp across the common first then my ground spotted a fox which was around 200 yrds in front of me, which i couldnt see at the time, and someone fired and killed it, i was just scared shitless by now, thinking they will be after the bunnies next which were a lot closer to me,

I let off a shot from the .410 to let them know someone was there, and they screeched off, i was as white as a sheet.

So ratman it does happen unfortunately.

i take it if you had a shotgun that night you also had a lamp or was you using nv with it ??

I did have a lamp with me, my lightforce 170. I hadnt used the lamp in this field yet as it rises in the middle like a small hill, so the best vantage point is on the crest. It was as i was walkin to the crest i saw the landrover, i was waling along a hedgrow at the time, i stopped after around another 25 yards as the vehicle had stopped, from this point to them lamping the field and firing was around 10-15 secs, i still hadnt used the lamp as i wasnt at my vantage point yet so they were unaware i was there, i still didnt expect them to fire. About 5 secs after they fired i fired my shotgun in the air to let them know someone was there and they drove away fast.

Guest dog on
i think you will find that human eyes dont reflect the light like animals eyes do .i would screem and jump up and down waving my arms like fcuk if it was me on permision so they know i was there .i used to get shot at quite regular tho but i put a stop to it

wern't in the army by any chance

no not me. i just left a container with a certain substance in it by one of the farmers water troughs and let him know why.
Fox controll is Fox controll,, Be it Snaring,, Lurcher work,, Shooting from cars,,, Shooting from foot,, Terrier work,, Hound exersise.

so you think shooting foxses where you havent got permission is fox control. well YOUR WRONG. READ WHAT YOUR WRITING FOX CONTROL IS ONLY FOX CONTROL WHEN THE LAND OWNER WANTS THEM REMOVED. that means snaring, lurchers, terriers and shooting is oly fox control when you have permission of the landowner.

this is reason why fieldsports are going down the drain while people are poaching land without permission.

Guest bigredbusa
I did have a lamp with me, my lightforce 170. I hadnt used the lamp in this field yet as it rises in the middle like a small hill, so the best vantage point is on the crest. It was as i was walkin to the crest i saw the landrover, i was waling along a hedgrow at the time, i stopped after around another 25 yards as the vehicle had stopped, from this point to them lamping the field and firing was around 10-15 secs, i still hadnt used the lamp as i wasnt at my vantage point yet so they were unaware i was there, i still didnt expect them to fire. About 5 secs after they fired i fired my shotgun in the air to let them know someone was there and they drove away fast.

mmm well if you had a lamp why didnt you flash that instead of taking a shot ? permission or not it could of gone tits up for you if a couple of guys turned around to the law and said they had been shot at ( they dont know if it was in there direction or not)

instead of telling the world of how scared you was maybe you should of done the right thing and gone to the police ??

Guest little_lloyd
Fox controll is Fox controll,, Be it Snaring,, Lurcher work,, Shooting from cars,,, Shooting from foot,, Terrier work,, Hound exersise.

so you think shooting foxses where you havent got permission is fox control. well YOUR WRONG. READ WHAT YOUR WRITING FOX CONTROL IS ONLY FOX CONTROL WHEN THE LAND OWNER WANTS THEM REMOVED. that means snaring, lurchers, terriers and shooting is oly fox control when you have permission of the landowner.

this is reason why fieldsports are going down the drain while people are poaching land without permission.

Thats what i meant :big_boss: Sorry i apoligize for not adding,, Only when the landowner wants them gone.

And yes it is the fuckabouts ruining it for the decent majoritory.

Thats what i meant :big_boss: Sorry i apoligize for not adding,, Only when the landowner wants them gone.

And yes it is the fuckabouts ruining it for the decent majoritory.

so why should we accept the fools that go around shooting foxses from road sides as one of us and a field sport.