bews....

how can people belive there is such a thing as a black eyed white, then in the next sentance say, it was a silver but has moulted :wallbash:

in my eyes (and maybe Im wrong) a silver, is a silver, and will always be A SILVER, no matter what she moults to the following year, and the same can be said for a BEW

is the a scientific write up somewhere, that gives a description of the two different colours/markings, or is a BEW, purely a name/colour that has been made up over years of ferret keeping, my keepers, to describe their silvers that have moulted out????

this would be a reason, why BEW are so hard to come by, or breed, as maybe it dos'ent exist, untill a silver has been through a few moults, if thats the case, I have two black eye'd white jills in my court, but to me, they are silvers

look at it another way,

micheal jackson, he's been through some changes over the years, does everyone think he's now white

I know what you mean but each to there own because if you saw a stoat in a cold area in winter what would you call it?

As for wacko jacko :wacko: :crazy: :bad::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: .D.

I'd call it a stoat :doh:

Thats exactly my point everyone has got there own opions and names some would say its fur is ermine, its in ermine. its a ermine or its a stoat. If people want to call a older silver ferret which has a white coat a black eyed white then crack on :big_boss: .D.

how can people belive there is such a thing as a black eyed white, then in the next sentance say, it was a silver but has moulted :wallbash:

in my eyes (and maybe Im wrong) a silver, is a silver, and will always be A SILVER, no matter what she moults to the following year, and the same can be said for a BEW

is the a scientific write up somewhere, that gives a description of the two different colours/markings, or is a BEW, purely a name/colour that has been made up over years of ferret keeping, my keepers, to describe their silvers that have moulted out????

this would be a reason, why BEW are so hard to come by, or breed, as maybe it dos'ent exist, untill a silver has been through a few moults, if thats the case, I have two black eye'd white jills in my court, but to me, they are silvers

look at it another way,

micheal jackson, he's been through some changes over the years, does everyone think he's now white

they are 2 disticntively different types of ferrets a siver is a silver and a BEW is a BEW .........

an old BEW jill i owned ...........

blackeye.jpg

look at it another way,

they are 2 disticntively different types of ferrets a siver is a silver and a BEW is a BEW .........

an old BEW jill i owned ...........

blackeye.jpg

are we all in agreement with that statement, so all those who say they have a BEW, that was a silver, you still have a silver

some people believe there is a fatal gene present in Silvers and BEW's often resulting in still births and other defects.

As such it is also believed to be irresponsible to breed genetically faulty ferrets and spreading the genetic markers that cause these problems.

The silver colour in silvers is due to roaning. If this is extreme you have a BEW. Roaning is the presence of white hairs in an otherwise coloured coat.

well if they are white all over with black eyes what else do you call them other when bews?? because a silver is not white :hmm:

will, did you bother reading from the beginning of this post, before leaving that witty remark :wallbash:

because if you did, you'll see that some people said that their BEW's were moulted out silvers, hence my remark :doh:

I have both silvers and black-eyed whites; my silvers have sometimes moulted to almost white, but my black-eyed whites have never moulted to silver ;)

By the way, mating two black-eyed whites together carries the same risks as mating two silvers together!

Crow

I have both silvers and black-eyed whites; my silvers have sometimes moulted to almost white, but my black-eyed whites have never moulted to silver ;)

By the way, mating two black-eyed whites together carries the same risks as mating two silvers together!

Crow

i bred BEW together for 5 years running and not one of the litters had a defect ...........

Crow

i bred BEW together for 5 years running and not one of the litters had a defect ...........

Then perhaps you were as lucky with your BEW as I was with my silvers?

The scientific evidence is out there for all to see ;)

Crow

Just as an after-thought - did they always throw BEW?