ROE BUCKS glorious 1st of april today.

Guest remmy

Guest remmy

Have any of you guys had any luck this morning, i was out first light very wet and windy had a wander around a plantation i have seen a couple of bucks in last week , came across this young buck knocking hell out of some young trees, a perfect heart shot @ 160yds, a good start to the season, he was feeding with another mature buck and a doe. well pleased :D:D

dsc00331yo3.jpg

dsc00333mq1.jpg

dsc00184jn6.jpg

Edited by remmy

Guest remmy
Well done mate but shooting bucks in velvet does nothing for me JMO.

i know what your saying foxdropper, but a job has to be done mate in velevt or not, a bucks a buck and when trees are getting damaged by bucks you need to sort them out.

i know what your saying foxdropper, but a job has to be done mate in velevt or not, a bucks a buck and when trees are getting damaged by bucks you need to sort them out.

again the sport and control arrises.. they as you know will do alot of damage to trees etc before they become clean..jmo

again the sport and control arrises.. they as you know will do alot of damage to trees etc before they become clean..jmo

nice buck mate some shot well done

Well done Dave & my cull bucks ie last year kids all get shot in velvet as april/may i have big movement on with the big lads pushing so i cull my own & incomers & take advantage of the bolt work/sport. I leave my mature/older till clean mid april/may or if clean & coloured now they get it. If it were quite a bad old/murder buck holding out potentual bucks i take him any chance i get. As you know im no trophy hunter but love to see roe heads in all there glory hard horn & colour i love diffrent shapes etc & addmire them big & small & as you know i have a nice wee collection of good heads. I prefere to see bigger bucks left to shed velvet & colour up but young cull would never get shot if i had to wait on them in hard horn & pushed out & need kept in control.

I shoot bucks when they present themselves as you might never see them again.A lot is down to population levels and type of ground you stalk. If you only stalk forestry or woodland you have to take the chances when they arrive. If you have field living roe you can pin the deer down to a small area at times. Down South where there are plenty roe you can pick and choose your beasts but up North I think you have to take your chances.

No trophies here either so no point in leaving beasts.