Landrover dicovery

I am looking to buy a disco in the forth coming months i have £2000 to spend on one,will i be able to get a decent one for that sort of money?

Which ones are the best buys?

What should i avoid?

and any other info you disco owners have would be help full.Thanks in advance MTP :thumbs:

I am looking to buy a disco in the forth coming months i have £2000 to spend on one,will i be able to get a decent one for that sort of money?

Which ones are the best buys?

What should i avoid?

and any other info you disco owners have would be help full.Thanks in advance MTP :thumbs:

your really in 300tdi bracket........200tdi are getting a little long in the tooth and the 300 is a better vehicle..you can also go the v8 way if your rich and can stand a vehicle doing 15 mpg.......300tdi suffer from..2nd gear syncro in gearbox...alot of them grind if you change from 1st to 2nd to quicky.isnt to much of a problem as long as its not to bad....rot on the bodies....boot floors/sills/rear door closers/front inner wings....engines are pretty bomb proof...somtimes suffer head gaskets going...go for the highest spec you can find..the ES or GS are well specked.....other than that spares are cheap...they are coming down in price now so 2k should get you somthing in adverage condition

Try to get a coil sprung job, not the air suspension, I know a few people who have had problems and cost a few quid. Other than that they do rot a bit, but there good all round motors :yes: