Couple of late does .

Went down to Martins ground yesterday by kind invitation for a stalk on his permission .Anyway to cut a long a long story short i missed a shot at a doe not once but 3 times :icon_redface: .I have been blaming the scope for sometime now so i stopped on the way home for a bit of one to one at a target . Back at my ground i decided to try a shot at a broken fence post with a good back drop and damn me if i didnt shoot the knot straight out the back of the post .Dont know why i did it but i glanced through the scope with my left eye and feck me what a difference .It was then plain to me that my right eye is failing and not the scope :censored: .Anyway i tried a couple a shots left handed and was pleased to see they werent bad ,good enough to try for the does i could see in the fenced off tree planting area down the bottem of the farm .At my approach they ,along with a decent buck ran down the far end ,and i thought they would be out over the fence here as its lower along a railway embankment.I climbed into the compound and to my surprise ,they trotted back along the fence level with me .I took the old doe ,left handed which was strange to say the least and head shot her :victory: .The younger animal trotted a bit further and i chest shot that too .The buck had a right panic on now and charged the fence ,getting his antlers caught in the 12"x12" mesh .With a big push he was through ,something i would never of believed if i hadnt seen it myself with such a big beast .Foxhunter saw a doe do the same when he was down but a heavy buck ,well wonders never cease .

stalking002yw3.jpg

Went down to Martins ground yesterday by kind invitation for a stalk on his permission .Anyway to cut a long a long story short i missed a shot at a doe not once but 3 times :icon_redface: .I have been blaming the scope for sometime now so i stopped on the way home for a bit of one to one at a target . Back at my ground i decided to try a shot at a broken fence post with a good back drop and damn me if i didnt shoot the knot straight out the back of the post .Dont know why i did it but i glanced through the scope with my left eye and feck me what a difference .It was then plain to me that my right eye is failing and not the scope :censored: .Anyway i tried a couple a shots left handed and was pleased to see they werent bad ,good enough to try for the does i could see in the fenced off tree planting area down the bottem of the farm .At my approach they ,along with a decent buck ran down the far end ,and i thought they would be out over the fence here as its lower along a railway embankment.I climbed into the compound and to my surprise ,they trotted back along the fence level with me .I took the old doe ,left handed which was strange to say the least and head shot her :victory: .The younger animal trotted a bit further and i chest shot that too .The buck had a right panic on now and charged the fence ,getting his antlers caught in the 12"x12" mesh .With a big push he was through ,something i would never of believed if i hadnt seen it myself with such a big beast .Foxhunter saw a doe do the same when he was down but a heavy buck ,well wonders never cease .

stalking002yw3.jpg

hi foxdropper

great pics , great post , great shot .

happy hunting :clapper:

davy