bank holiday weather & a result

hi hunters

went out Monday weather was supposed to be fine in wiltshire with light winds & sunshine.

picked me mate up went to local permission got the radios out & decided to split up . of he went i was still setting up and followed 10/15 minutes then i spotted me fist target a pigeon started to approach it slowly as not to spook it then i was getting too close i thought hang on something aint right here it should of flown of by now. so got down & had a good look at it & seen its wing was broken so thought oh well better take care of this & took it out of its misery when i went to pick it up i seen a ring on its leg so oh fxxk . now i know i read some where that these have to be reported so got the ring .

can anyone advise me on which route to take thanks ? now back to me day so went to the most active warren and sat down for about an 1/2 hour then 1, 2, 3, so took aim on the clearest shot and thwack down it goes then wind starts to pick up so i move down a bit & im thinking its getting a bit cold then the sky just throws down hail stones so out comes me poncho & under i go for about an hour kit and all so i buzz me mate hes avin no luck at tall with the rimmy on the bunnies .so we go back to the car av some lunch sit out another hail down fall 1 1/2 hours later were back out so we spilt up again and this time i go to another warren & he goes back to were he was then the wind picks up so I'm waiting & 1, 2, up they come. struggling against the wind for a head shot then for a spilt second you fell nothing on your face & thwack its down me mate still not having any luck . so still prone and patient and a little one comes out thwack its down [pest control permission] then me mate buzz me hes happy thwacked one so in all a good day out apart from the weather 5 in all didn't want to go in to much detail would av been here all night about the day out here's some pics

PS sorry if the post is boring just wanted to share it with you all i have read some good ones

hunting2008.jpg

hunting2010.jpg

hunting2006.jpg

hunting2009.jpg

hunting2007.jpgHOPE IT CAME OUT OK

post-11621-1206568627.jpg

Good shooting there :gunsmilie: I take it you,ve shot a racing pigeon :oops: i take it you couldnt see the ring on its leg.I have shot 1 or 2 in night time shoots in old mills,bridges & mistakes do happen.I personally would,nt take the ring to the local pigeon men as it may end up :boxing: :vava: .Some of these racers are worth a few £££ & even a geniune mistake may not be seen that way.....

Good shooting there :gunsmilie: I take it you,ve shot a racing pigeon :oops: i take it you couldnt see the ring on its leg.I have shot 1 or 2 in night time shoots in old mills,bridges & mistakes do happen.I personally would,nt take the ring to the local pigeon men as it may end up :boxing: :vava: .Some of these racers are worth a few £££ & even a geniune mistake may not be seen that way.....

hi andy

still tinkin about the pigeon ring & the owner & whether to declare it & explain the situation.

tink i will send it to the national club or south west region anonymously & get some closer to this for ME & the owner

it will give me peace of mind

many thanks

davy