Teachers and their pay

What do you all think about this then? Any teachers on here that would be prepared to give us their opinions on their unions conference taking place this weekend and their take on what their members deserve? :drink:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest markbrick1
What do you all think about this then? Any teachers on here that would be prepared to give us their opinions on their unions conference taking place this weekend and their take on what their members deserve? :drink:

all i can say is my son in law is a teacher in his 2nd full yr,he brings home £1100 a month i wouldnt do that job for that amount,he was a college and uni till 22 he is a lazy bugger though :laugh::laugh::laugh: mark

Guest markbrick1

no iam sorry bottom of my job search if i was leaving school would be1teacher 2 police 3 fireman are nurse 4 army navy etc 5 civil service now when i was 16 1st shit job would be a bricklayer for most,mark

no iam sorry bottom of my job search if i was leaving school would be1teacher 2 police 3 fireman are nurse 4 army navy etc 5 civil service now when i was 16 1st shit job would be a bricklayer for most,mark

bricklayer is an ace job Mark :thumbs: as for the rest :icon_eek::drink:

Guest markbrick1

bricklayer is an ace job Mark :thumbs: as for the rest :icon_eek::drink:

yea its a ace job now but when i started £36 a week when i came out of my time£32 a thoushand it was a shit job,i cant complain i made a few quid and today i sold my house so even more happy,mark

why do they take on these jobs if they dont like the pay???

Guest markbrick1

why do they take on these jobs if they dont like the pay???

cause there is feck all else and parents of our genuiation drill in there heads its a good secure job,ps not me though,mark

Because sometimes you do a job for the love of it!

I worked with horses until I had my daughter, one job I worked in a polo yard, sometime 14 hour days for £176 a fortnight and I loved every second of it.

Unfortunately I have to think beyond love of the job now, I have responsibilities but my chosen career is Midwifery, still not particularly high paying but better than the equine industry.

I worked with horses until I had my daughter, one job I worked in a polo yard, sometime 14 hour days for £176 a fortnight and I loved every second of it.

Unfortunately I have to think beyond love of the job now, I have responsibilities but my chosen career is Midwifery, still not particularly high paying but better than the equine industry.

Most caring jobs pay is shite i worked all nights untill 3 yrs ago & just got the min wage per hour for nights

which leads me back to the point of this thread Missie, £176 a fortnight? How does £165 a morning sound :whistling: myself I work for me and job satisfaction, if I don't like it I don't do it and to hear folk moan about their lot is just so feckin boring as you said it would be so nice if evetyone loved their work :thumbs:

Guest markbrick1

caring jobs................................my mrs is a intensive care sister and also a teacher of the art,she does 3 night shifts a week 12.2 hrs each brings home £1700 a month its feckin rediculous for what she is and does but she cares,mark

caring jobs................................my mrs is a intensive care sister and also a teacher of the art,she does 3 night shifts a week 12.2 hrs each brings home £1700 a month its feckin rediculous for what she is and does but she cares,mark

Mark when I finished with the NHS, a consultant told me about how the "caring" employers where the most "un-caring" folk on earth towards their staff when the crap hit the fan.....................a hard lesson fpr me to learn at the time :thumbs:

Guest markbrick1

Mark when I finished with the NHS, a consultant told me about how the "caring" employers where the most "un-caring" folk on earth towards their staff when the crap hit the fan.....................a hard lesson fpr me to learn at the time :thumbs:

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: we sold our house today she could tell em to stick there job,but she wont???????????????????????shes to carin