Sunday Afternoon...

simular to my day in the land of Tractors ;) , went into Swaffham first! then chilled with a nice bottle of Red for the evening....

Jasper

aint norfolk just the place to be? where i am there's good pubs; rabbits, pigeons, pheasants & deer by the ton; miles of countryside with no keepers, and an open fire to warm my toes by when i get home. and this evening i discovered a large amount of munty tracks just on the other side of our back hedge (no wonder Gyp vaulted the hedge the other week!). the pace of life is slower, but there's still plenty going on.

life doesn't get much better! :good:

Lucky you having pubs left to go to. Round here they get turned into houses or run by the sort of people who put up signs saying 'no dirty boots' or 'no dogs' and want to turn local boozers onto gastro pubs. "Fox/ Hare and Hounds" is renamed the "The Hare" or "The Fox" is often a bad sign.

Used to be able to spend a sunday afternoon with dog going across the fields to a pub, spend the afternoon drinking and talking rubbish, followed by unsuccesful mouching expedition crashing my way home along the hedges in the dark.

Not many good pubs left :(

aint norfolk just the place to be? where i am there's good pubs; rabbits, pigeons, pheasants & deer by the ton; miles of countryside with no keepers, and an open fire to warm my toes by when i get home. and this evening i discovered a large amount of munty tracks just on the other side of our back hedge (no wonder Gyp vaulted the hedge the other week!). the pace of life is slower, but there's still plenty going on.

life doesn't get much better! :good:

:clapper::clapper: We went for a mooch the other week in a wood near West Acre. we walked for miles without seeing any Humans a houses just plenty of wildlife, the Wood was full of Munty's and Roe all over the place! the best bit was hitting "The Carpenters Arms" on the A47 on the way home for a nice smooth pint of Caffreys :drink:....

Jasper

Caravan Monster - pubs round here are closing at a staggering rate... one of my favourite middle-of-nowhere biker pubs shut a couple of weeks ago, the next village is about to lose 1 of it's 2 pubs, and nearly lost both a while back, i know of 5 pubs that shut in a week. we're used to it in my village, there used to be 5 pubs, by the early 90's there were none. the 2 nearest watering holes are full of arseholes, the next couple aren't much better, but if i go about 5 miles away, there's a smashing little place. i've been going there for years, there's a great atmosphere, dogs & kids are welcome, it attracts such a mixed crowd. they have all different kinds of music on at the weekends (friday was a blues band, last night was a drum & bass night), it's unlike any pub you've ever seen before. i've been sat at the bar there on a weeknight, chatting to a poacher-turned-keeper-turned-poacher, a taxidermist, a sculptor, a lawyer, an archaeology lecturer and a plumber. you don't get a much more ecclectic mix than that! :victory:

Sounds very nice there Ossie .... think I might have to come down for a visit sometime! We can sing pearl jam songs and sigh over Eddie Vedder.

sounds like a plan for the summer! :thumbs:

oooh... Caffreys! not had a pint of that for ages. i've become a bit of a local real ale buff of late :drink: