.22 or .77 s410

a mate of mine swears that the s410 .77 is tops but never having a .77 i am skeptical. just wanted to know what is better .77 or .22. what are the pros and cons. may sound noobyish but i am interested to know been thinking about part exin my s400 for a s410 if i did what would be best to choose.

a mate of mine swears that the s410 .77 is tops but never having a .77 i am skeptical. just wanted to know what is better .77 or .22. what are the pros and cons. may sound noobyish but i am interested to know been thinking about part exin my s400 for a s410 if i did what would be best to choose.

If your happy with .22 s400 why change calibre with a s410c?Have a few plinking/shooting sessions with your mates .177 see what you think.Both calibres have there advantages the the calibre debate is down to personal preferences :hmm: i prefer .22.... :boogie:

Edited by andy s410c

The .177 or .22 debate will be going on long after I am compost, they each have their uses, they each favour certain conditions (and people) and .22 is the accepted hunting round and .177 the accepted target round.

What is best to choose is what you want! Do what you want with either! There is absolutely NO answer to the question "what would be best to choose".

About time this one found it's way onto FAQ>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!

I think you get more shots per fill in .22, although I'm not entirely sure :unsure:

I've noticed that with some models, and frankly, never been able to understand why, but then again I've not bothered to investigate further!

I think you get more shots per fill in .22, although I'm not entirely sure :unsure:

I've noticed that with some models, and frankly, never been able to understand why, but then again I've not bothered to investigate further!

I think that it is because to achieve 12ft/lb the lighter pellet needs to travel faster, and to travel faster, uses more air.

I could be wrong though :hmm: .

I think it's something to do with the higher Ft/sec. I could be wrong though.......

This question is defiantly one for the FAQ section though..........

I have a s410 in .177 and i love it to bits and i cant see myself going back to .22 for hunting.

JIM

DITO

I SHOT .22 FOR NEARLY 20 YRS AND I BROUGHT A .177 AAS410 BECAUSE A HUNTINGLIFE MEMBER RECOMEMENDED IT IM SO PLEASED WITH IT ILL NEVER GO BACK TO .22 AGAIN IVE KILLED EVERYTHING THAT I KILLED WITH THE .22 NO PROBLEM.

YOULL BE PLEASENTLY SUPPRISED HOW GOOD .177 IS .....

The thing i used to find with .22 is there is a half second from pulling the trigger till the pellet hits its target but .177 you pull it hit

much better...