whats gone wrong?

Guest fight the ban

its jacked simple as that.

well i wouldnt go that far from reading his post, maybe the young dogs done very little and needs a change of owner.

for all we know its had two fox ran its first deer and bagged 20 rabbits.. and all in its first season :D great allrounder gone bad :doh:

i suppose some have higher standards than others, would be lookin for a bit more than that.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest fight the ban

i understand whats bin said i think ive been stupid to let him do so much. before he ever pulled one i used to keep him on a lead and let him watch the older dogs when it came to bigger game. then one morning we where out jogging when one put up and out of curiosity i never stopped him, when i should of at the time. after 300yds he ploughed into it took him about six attempts to get it down, it was so unexpected. after that i never stopped him but i reakon im paying the price for it now.

how many deer has he had and has he had an older dog to tutor him saw lots of young dogs runnning bigger qaurry but not to sure what to do with them , get some roe ,stubble time doesnt matter what size of deer a yung one all the better , its the last measure for him or get into kills with a dog that knows thw score had young dogs kicked off deer and some like my collie line they dont give a damn , size does help but ive a whippet grew who catches them and had several with her , but not my ideal dog for bigger game , i could get your dog doing it but well dont no you from adam dont reely no the dog and you could be a time waster, some saluks are not the best deer dogs and some bred of agressive and more gamer are very good hope you can get him sorted surly if i can get dogs at 23 to 27 killing for fun you can with that big lump you ve got all the best

i suppose some have higher standards than others, would be lookin for a bit more than that.

:D i know that thurso i was piss takeing.. its hard to comment with out knowing what the change in behavior is and just how much its done.cheers

i got to be honest here i dont think the dogs to young to be doing deer, i think you can get them started after 12 months on the smaller ones.

at 18 month old hes well old enough :yes:

Guest fight the ban
how many deer has he had and has he had an older dog to tutor him saw lots of young dogs runnning bigger qaurry but not to sure what to do with them , get some roe ,stubble time doesnt matter what size of deer a yung one all the better , its the last measure for him or get into kills with a dog that knows thw score had young dogs kicked off deer and some like my collie line they dont give a damn , size does help but ive a whippet grew who catches them and had several with her , but not my ideal dog for bigger game , i could get your dog doing it but well dont no you from adam dont reely no the dog and you could be a time waster, some saluks are not the best deer dogs and some bred of agressive and more gamer are very good hope you can get him sorted surly if i can get dogs at 23 to 27 killing for fun you can with that big lump you ve got all the best

had 13 all together 7 with another very experianced dog

age has nothing to do with it its generaly how hees enterd had pups out for awalk with there mother a pure greyhound she caught a yearling the 6 month old pups were hanging of the deer ,like varmits , on the other hand had some that were capable over 14 months,but didnt no how to handle the situation even tho they killed lots of rabbs hares , saw a dog shoulder roe runn with them burl them but was never gutsy to do them on his own till he got shown by an expierenced dog all the best, you can never tell on some things on a comp unles for your own eyes cheers mine get to see deer eat deer get involved with them all the best

Guest spud.

mate i dont think it any thing youv done. youv took your time just letting it happen. 18 month he should be killing deer. i do alot and all my dogs do them at that age and so does my mates so it not like am saying av got wonderdogs. give him till next season run him doubled up...and see [bANNED TEXT] happens. if youv done your best....ask your self has the dog got it in him????

all the best hope it works out bud

unlucky no 13

Guest fight the ban

unlucky no 13

i never even thought of that but its certainly a hard no. to shift

Guest dog on
At the begining of earlie september 2007 i started to bring my 11 month old dog on. from day one hes made very fast progress and was eagar to please. ive took everything step by step making the progress from pup to dog as easy for him as i could as his confidance grew so did the size of his quarry, untill he had taken everything apart from billie wich i have no intrest in. he quickly turned out to be a reliable dog. UNTILL!! towards the end of the season i noticed a change in him i notice a lot of chances go by that should of been in the bag. then one day a deer put up he ran it a full big feild at striking distance before it hit a fence with my dog literally stood on top of it, even then my once reliable dog still did not hit it. hes now a 18month saluki/greyhound staghound/greyhound put back to a pure saluki and stands at 29". its got my head in knots, :wallbash: any one know wat i should do? :hmm:

the answer could be with the way you have been geting the dog of its prey could you tell me how and be honest

Guest spud.

your [bANNED TEXT] dog on seen lads kick the dogs to get them off that will only f**k the dogs head 1 day he can chase it next hes getin a kickin for holding on, hit the nail on the head there mate

Guest fight the ban
At the begining of earlie september 2007 i started to bring my 11 month old dog on. from day one hes made very fast progress and was eagar to please. ive took everything step by step making the progress from pup to dog as easy for him as i could as his confidance grew so did the size of his quarry, untill he had taken everything apart from billie wich i have no intrest in. he quickly turned out to be a reliable dog. UNTILL!! towards the end of the season i noticed a change in him i notice a lot of chances go by that should of been in the bag. then one day a deer put up he ran it a full big feild at striking distance before it hit a fence with my dog literally stood on top of it, even then my once reliable dog still did not hit it. hes now a 18month saluki/greyhound staghound/greyhound put back to a pure saluki and stands at 29". its got my head in knots, :wallbash: any one know wat i should do? :hmm:

the answer could be with the way you have been geting the dog of its prey could you tell me how and be honest

never hit my dog part from once when it snacked at my kid i normaly hold both jaws and prize them open gently

Guest fight the ban

never hit my dog part from once when it snacked at my kid i normaly hold both jaws and prize them open gently

do u think thats wrong