Hunting with Hounds the real post...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest knocavoeboy

Great post shame for all the political correct talk, but that is what you lads have to say after the ban. Some super pics. The rough haired hounds are they otter hounds, not that clued up on hounds. I sometimes wonder and probably write this at my peril. Would hunting have been banned had there not been high profile hunting such as large mounted hunts with red-coated upper class people and a throng of spectators setting out from public places such as pubs. I suppose the likes of the large organised coursing meets highly publicised and with massive attendance could come under this. In my wee town there are lots of terrier men and lurcher men taking far more foxes and all the rest. But it happens virtually unnoticed and unchallenged. Would lurcher and terrier work in England and Wales ever have suffered so much under the law had this high profile hunting not been in the public sphere with antis taking vids and doing all that they do, b*****ds by the way! It is my personal opinion that a great proportion of the opposition to hunting is not about the actual activity but the people who hunted in this high profile manner and was more a detestation of the upper classes enjoying an activity that at one time was reserved for the rich aristocrats of society. The lurcher I have read was born out of the law being so that a commoner could not own a pure hound and the result was hybrids to hunt with, lurcher from lur meaning thief a poachers dog. I suppose I will expect a great deal of disagreement but as an ordinary sort who has no mounted hunt in my area and never seen an anti or sab I am just saying what’s on my mind, in my area we face the prospect of a ban by an order through direct rule should devolved government not re establish and even then it looks unpromising, hare hunting was banned prior to the act in England and Wales though it is being challenged by the coursing clubs. How all will unfold is uncertain but it looks grim for the future generations. I may hop the border if the worst happens, as I understand opposition is not as great and I may be able to get my lifetime to hunt my dogs.

Great post shame for all the political correct talk, but that is what you lads have to say after the ban. Some super pics. The rough haired hounds are they otter hounds, not that clued up on hounds. I sometimes wonder and probably write this at my peril. Would hunting have been banned had there not been high profile hunting such as large mounted hunts with red-coated upper class people and a throng of spectators setting out from public places such as pubs. I suppose the likes of the large organised coursing meets highly publicised and with massive attendance could come under this. In my wee town there are lots of terrier men and lurcher men taking far more foxes and all the rest. But it happens virtually unnoticed and unchallenged. Would lurcher and terrier work in England and Wales ever have suffered so much under the law had this high profile hunting not been in the public sphere with antis taking vids and doing all that they do, b*****ds by the way! It is my personal opinion that a great proportion of the opposition to hunting is not about the actual activity but the people who hunted in this high profile manner and was more a detestation of the upper classes enjoying an activity that at one time was reserved for the rich aristocrats of society. The lurcher I have read was born out of the law being so that a commoner could not own a pure hound and the result was hybrids to hunt with, lurcher from lur meaning thief a poachers dog. I suppose I will expect a great deal of disagreement but as an ordinary sort who has no mounted hunt in my area and never seen an anti or sab I am just saying what’s on my mind, in my area we face the prospect of a ban by an order through direct rule should devolved government not re establish and even then it looks unpromising, hare hunting was banned prior to the act in England and Wales though it is being challenged by the coursing clubs. How all will unfold is uncertain but it looks grim for the future generations. I may hop the border if the worst happens, as I understand opposition is not as great and I may be able to get my lifetime to hunt my dogs.

The past is history mate... onwards and upwards.... look forward not back... :D

Nobody's told these there's an apparent ban..... EXERCISE!!!!!

:good:

GOT TO BE SAID IM NO FECKING TOFF IM ORIGNALY FROM THE S.WALES VALLEYS COZ I WHERE A RED COAT DOES THAT MAKE ME A TOFF ?IT QUITE OBVIOUS THAT YOU KNOW FECK ALL ABOUT HUNTING WITH HOUNDS AS YOU ASK WHAT ARE THE HAIRY HOUNDS NO THEY NOT OTTER HOUNDS THEY ARE WELSH FOXHOUNDS.DONT MEAN TO BE NASTY BUT YOU JUST SPOKE ALOT OF FECKING DRIBBLE MATE . :angel::blink:
Guest knocavoeboy

well lee peters that is your opinion. would it be fair to say a great majority of those riding out behind packs are members of the upperclasses. and i already said i know little about hounds. what made you feel the need to be insulting. have i touched a nerve, you having a bad day?