Mods And Skinheads

Jasper i remember ABH supporting the Exploited in Norwich 83...right bunch a head bangers those kings Lynn skins! did you ever go to the gigs at the gala??...seen all the old Oi bands over the years in fact we was down the smoke to see Cockney Rejects a few weeks back :drinks: ...i also appear several times on the cover of the Oppressed's 'live in 84'(vinyl)...stabs i have that Nick knight book here somewhere.

Nice one AKA ;). although alot of the lads I hung about with was still going welll into the mid eighties I was turning into a Nob! I ended up with this bird and going steady for a couple of years and disapeered for a while while the other lads kept up the course. I look back and thing what a twat I was as these other lads was having a ball...

With me it was the Northern soul Mod seen late 70's earley 80's, then onto the skinhead scene! by this time alot of the lads started cutting down their scooters, By 83 although still supporting the skinhead style I was away with the scooter and rideing about on a Black DT175MX and then onto a Motor. some of the boys kept the skinhead movment going strong in the area for many years! Did you know any of them by name from this area AKA? I won't mention any names on the site but I can think of a few you might know who traveled about alot in the Skinhead movement...

I think this is the trouble with the Kids of today!! they have nothing to follow anymore. we certainly wern't the best behaved by any chalk but we stuck to our own and course we thought was right, these days they're f*****g nuts stabbing old biddies like myself for trying to f**k them off from outside the house :whistling:.....

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phsyco billy myself -King kurt ,meteors ,cramps ,4 skins -Seen them all mostly at the beer keller ,Bristol .Wild nights of wrecking ,fighting ,booze and women .Thank f**k ive grown out of that .Remember the horse shoe flat top hair style? .Mostly ex skin heads ,braces ,boots and a tad more hair .Happy days :doh:

When I was a lad mid 70's I remember buying a few singles like Babylons Burning, Milk and Alcohol, Hersham boys, and Promises by the buzzcocks, for some reason I didn't get into the undertones and clash so much! the brother in law back then a was a glue sniffing punk turning up thrashed at the door in his Bondage Trousers and plimsoles! the old man hated him and so did I, this Gordon was deifinitley a Moron :laugh:......

When I was a lad mid 70's I remember buying a few singles like Babylons Burning, Milk and Alcohol, Hersham boys, and Promises by the buzzcocks, for some reason I didn't get into the undertones and clash so much! the brother in law back then a was a glue sniffing punk turning up thrashed at the door in his Bondage Trousers and plimsoles! the old man hated him and so did I, this Gordon was deifinitley a Moron :laugh:......

That was when "new wave" was turning into "Punk" Loved it!

Just got back from watching "From the Jam"....Foxton and Buckler with some bloke called Russ singing....

f*****g great night...loads of gentlemen of a certain age in Bennies and desert boots/docs having a good old drink and a sing sing!

Just got back from watching "From the Jam"....Foxton and Buckler with some bloke called Russ singing....

f*****g great night...loads of gentlemen of a certain age in Bennies and desert boots/docs having a good old drink and a sing sing!

Sounds like a good night to me mate :clapper:. I've seen some of these on Youtube in the past! this guy taking Wellers place seems to be doing a good job, Did they do this Number? defenitly one of my favourites of many the Jam did :thumbs:....

Jasper

How very dare you............. :laugh::laugh:

went to see a madness tribute last saturday, they played a bit of allsorts from that era, and they were brilliant, i think they were called complete madness, they were from barnsley.

Me and the missus went to see Weller about 6 months back, awesome. Took me back over 30 fecking years since I first saw The Jam!

Sounds like a good night to me mate :clapper: . I've seen some of these on Youtube in the past! this guy taking Wellers place seems to be doing a good job, Did they do this Number? defenitly one of my favourites of many the Jam did :thumbs: ....

Jasper

Yeah they did that for their encore mate....the singer did a very good job.I wasn't expecting anything from The Gift, but they did Ghost, Circus (obviously as that's Brucies baby), Town Called Malice and The Gift.

They even had a dj playing the sounds of 78/79 before the gig

franki brilliant links Angelic Upstarts was one of my favourite bands along with stiff little fingers and exploited lol http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=w207DIvepR4

and one for the mods

:feck:http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=2WqU-t7HS1M&...feature=related

Edited by roybo