Which Quad?

Guest Ditch_Shitter

juming into to Ditch's thread a tad here, but... you're in England, he's in Ireland, it'd be a bugger to get it over there, and he has stated that 500cc is too much power. there's also insurance to consider, lower the cc, lower the premium. i'm pretty sure if he'd been interested in it, he'd have pm'd you afer your first post...

if you're that desperate to flog it, pay your fiver and stick it in Buy, Sell, Swap.

i was going to suggest one of these Ditch... aa8e_0.jpg13b8_12.jpg

but you've probably looked at them allready...i just thought they would be more comfy to drive....and it would save having to tow the trailer...but if you've got your mind set on a quad get one of these... 609b_12.jpg4b47_12.jpg

both 350cc and they will be plenty good enough for what you need...

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:icon_eek: What's the jeep all about, Lucky? I've not come across that before, mate. Wasn't really looking beyond Quads because they're all I knew about. Though, from latest enquiries, it does rather seem as if getting one of those things on the road here is a dead duck :(

I'm going to ask the Gardai, next time I'm in town and can catch up with them. They'd be the boys busting my arse if I just blew into town on a Quad. Might as well go find out - the easier way - what they'd be busting me for.

That jeep thing could be the ticket for around the place here though :hmm:

think its a mule ditch we had one on the estate for a couple of seasons really handy tool for shifting feeding ect ! i think they were just out at the time when we had one and were quite expensive but alot of green keepers use them now so they might have come down in price, cheap as chips to run though !

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Mule? Well, I show a Kawasaki Mule above, so I s'pose, looking at them, that would be some other makers Mule then. Quite fun. I prefer Lucky's one.

As for the boggy ground here? Pat was out in the middle of it all this very afternoon, on his Honda Foreman 400cc. No problemmo.

I was talking to Pat yesterday though and he insisted that I should get a 2X4 because road work, in 4X4, would rip the tyres apart in no time.

Well, such road work as I had in mind now looks out the window. But my track is metalled and as good as any road. As half my work would involve that couple of miles anyway, perhaps I should still concentrate my thoughts on 2X4 interchangable?

No heated rush to any of this just yet anyway. Government's taking the piss and now I may be in for 'Round Two' with the b*stards :censored:

At least all this is giving me a distraction.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Dytkos; I went to Polaris, but their site's far too heavy for the sorry state of this dying machine, mate. Then they started insisting I give a valid US Zip Code and I'd had enough and f*cked off.

In fact, I f*cked off back to Google and ended up looking at various pictures and the odd site of Kawzaki Mules. Weird things, aren't they? I think I can see benefits in either type of vehicle. The only thing that really plays on my mind is that, by looking at a Mule, I'd be leaving behind that absolutely Legendary straight down the line reliability which a Honda would bring :hmm: Sort of jumping blind, see?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ditch_Shitter

Can't watch YT on this connection, mate :( But never mind; Since ye've bumped this Thread up, I have news anyway!

I spoke to the Gards: They said, Yeppers! I need to pass my Theory Test ~ rumour has it I might be able to take that in town. It's all done on a computer. That gets me a Provisional Licence. Then I just need buy a road worthy Quad. Insure it and that's It! I'm most welcome to drive it into town at will! :toast:

I won't bore anyone with the supptlties but, as it'll have a tow bar and bracket attached, it's classed as a Tractor / Work vehicle and so needs no Tax. I'll also only have to pass a most basic test for my Full Driving Licence!

Now, I know it may seem strange for anyone following the gist of what I say on here lately; So skint I'm recycling my dog ends, on the one hand. Talking about buying brand new quads, on the other :blink: But I see the tip of a mast on the horizon. The boat's coming in! I just have to hold out and survive till that bugger gets here. Then we'll see!

But that's the latest: I can drive a quad on the main roads into town. Bloody well Will too! :yes:

Can't watch YT on this connection, mate :( But never mind; Since ye've bumped this Thread up, I have news anyway!

I spoke to the Gards: They said, Yeppers! I need to pass my Theory Test ~ rumour has it I might be able to take that in town. It's all done on a computer. That gets me a Provisional Licence. Then I just need buy a road worthy Quad. Insure it and that's It! I'm most welcome to drive it into town at will! :toast:

I won't bore anyone with the supptlties but, as it'll have a tow bar and bracket attached, it's classed as a Tractor / Work vehicle and so needs no Tax. I'll also only have to pass a most basic test for my Full Driving Licence!

Now, I know it may seem strange for anyone following the gist of what I say on here lately; So skint I'm recycling my dog ends, on the one hand. Talking about buying brand new quads, on the other :blink: But I see the tip of a mast on the horizon. The boat's coming in! I just have to hold out and survive till that bugger gets here. Then we'll see!

But that's the latest: I can drive a quad on the main roads into town. Bloody well Will too! :yes:

Ride on Ditch!

• 5 weeks later...

:victory: I'm currently in the market for a good cheap quad, looking for farm/utility type not a sport model, must have racks etc, not bothered about CC. Must also be in good complete working order.

WHAT HAVE U GOT FOLKS?

Please let me have the details and asking price, I could pick up as soon as this weekend if anyones got what I want and at a price I want to pay, not even bothered about chinese ones, Loncin, Jianshe etc.

Cheers everyone :bye: