Prince Harry's deployment in Afganistan

certainly he should be no different to anyone else out there but if the lives of his troops are in danger then he must be treated differently, i take my hat off to him for doing it the first royal in 25 years to go on active service on the front line.

it cant have been easy persuading the MOD to let him go and i bet hes chuffed he has gone 10 weeks without being found out and if hes given those talaban a reason to keep their heads down good on him. and as for him fighting for his Grandmother and his country of which he may one day be sovereign of then i personally think he should be immensely proud and i bet HMQ is aswell.

Well Done Lieutennant Wales.

ss06

I appreciate that he was there, but why did the media have to stage manage some things ? He is an Officer and a Forward Air Controller; so why show him manning a HMG, and doing a street patrol ?? As a Cavalry Officer, he wouldn't have been doing this. Being a FAC is a dangerous enough job, and good for him for doing it, but why embellish ?

Cheers.

he was atached to a infantry regiment good on him for having a pop at the enemy had cavalry officer attached to us in ni a lord noless who still had to go out on patrol

C'mon... it's called propaganda! They've been using it for centuries! :laugh:

He's probably in Turkey, on the piss. Like normal.

propaganda has been in use forever but i doubt this is the case here. i doubt the BBC, ITV and all other british media could have faked something on that scale. instead of people being so cynical and dismissive, people could be a bit more supportive of the lad. if hes been , mucking in with the others then good for him, its what he wants.

maybe hes a royal with a bit of common good in him and perhaps thats what people cant accept. and as for being on the piss all the time what guy in his early twenties isnt.

ss06

Harry's meant to be a top lad..... good luck to him...

It's true. My cousin shared a pint with him at a certain nightclub in pembroke, when he was stationed at Castlemartin training camp.

Totally unrelated, or maybe not. My mate's wife got bought a drink by Prince William, at the same club, a few months later. She said he'd promised her a dance, but then she seen him dancing with one of her mates, so she stormed onto the dancefloor, pissed as a fart, and had it out with him! He apoligised, bought her a drink, and then gave her the next dance. What a gentleman! :laugh: She said he was just like any other lad of his age, down to earth and everything.

I appreciate that he was there, but why did the media have to stage manage some things ? He is an Officer and a Forward Air Controller; so why show him manning a HMG, and doing a street patrol ?? As a Cavalry Officer, he wouldn't have been doing this. Being a FAC is a dangerous enough job, and good for him for doing it, but why embellish ?

Cheers.

Chartpolski, just because he is an officer it doesn't mean they don't do these duties, anyone can be a FAC it's not real hard, good on the lad for having a go, yes he would have had the real deal lads all over him, but at least he is in country.

well done harry and all the boys and girls out there! and god help the taliban now the gurkas are there!

gurkhas are nothing special infact i would say that they are sub standard compared to most british infantry regiments ... the only thing they do different is that they have a more rigourouse selection process ............

Cheers.

Chartpolski, just because he is an officer it doesn't mean they don't do these duties, anyone can be a FAC it's not real hard, good on the lad for having a go, yes he would have had the real deal lads all over him, but at least he is in country.

You appear to have misread my post: I said he IS a FAC and a Cavalry Officer !! He would NOT be manning a HMG or doing a street patrol, in "normal" circumstances. This footage was only for the media. I have just listened to the BBC describing his duties and it DID not include squad gunner or foot patrols. I have every admiration for him being out there, but why stage manage situations he would not be in ?

Cheers.

Guest bezza

Sorry lads the whole propaganda machine made me vomit. You can bet your life our ginger prince (is he really a Windsor?) came nowhere near the Taleban. The whole thing was a stunt by our germanic royal family to distract attention from the court proceedings involving the lad's mother. Yes I agree, whatever his parentage, that he's an improvement on his constipated, inbred, alleged father but that wouldn't be difficult. The BBC are covering his arrival back in the UK as though he was a war hero-pass me the sick bucket again. Hundreds of ordinary squaddies are being killed and permanently disabled in wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and getting washers in payment and in injury compensation. It makes my blood boil, the class system is alive and well, excuse me while I doff my cap to our returning hero.

Edited by bezza
Guest bezza

What's the odds on the ginger prince getting a knighthood?Perhaps a VC? I am not taking the mick out of genuine squaddies who really earn their medals, far from it, but this business of ginger being a war hero is the most stage managed bull I've seen in a long time.