Holding Back

Guest MyDogsAGuire

at 10 months old shes ready for some easy digs if shes showing keen and with her being dug to twice already and marking correctly your well onto having a winner in my opinion with the season now coming to a end i would try hold her back till next season. whatever you decide remeber she is still young so do your best to keep her winning. :thumbs:

i would hold her back till next year shes done you proud all ready at that age you dont want to soar her just think of it mate youl have some dog next season to dig as much as you can.you can then see whats she made of.
totaly agree,good luck with her,seems like she will be a good one
Well lads I would like to hear your opinions on this subject...

I have a very well bred bitch pup here at 10 months, Shes about 14 inches and 23/23 lbs. Shes my first terrier but for the past 2 years Ive been digging every week, When the bitch was 6 months she went to ground and after bolting 1 fox had to be dug to another :icon_eek: The same thing happened at 8 months but it was only 2foot under the ground and luckily for me I had her out in 20 minutes as this was a strong opponent she was up against :yes: I tied her out the last few weeks and every earth she says yes or no and she hasnt been wrong yet :clapper: So here the question... The bitch is mad to travel but I want to know at what age should I let her? Has anyone else had youngs pups keen from an early age and held them back?

Any advice gratefully recieved :D

I had 2 patterdales who at 10 months old wanted 2 go so i let them at it.Both i dug to sucsesfuly.One diddnt want to know after that The other is still goin strong after 12 years. so you are takin a bit of a chance.For the sake of it id hold out for a bit.should be good and ready for next season.the dog that is still goin can be seen in two crackin digs on first page. Good luck with her mate

I have a 8month bitch here and she s been coupled out walking from 5 months cause she s travelling,i have a notion i probably could have dug her but she ll be busting for next season and about 14 months come sep so old enough from anytime on in ,fingers crossed.Her 2 aunts/G aunts where both dug at 8 months and continued till they died a few years later.I think better late but since you ve got away with it your sailing for next season.IMO :thumbs: