Best gun for a beginneer looking to shoot rabbits

Hey

I've been thinking about getting a gun recently and was wondering what the best gun is for killing rabbits after bolting them and at night, i would like to keep the meat for eating and for my ferrets does anyone have any sugguestions?

Thanks

Ollie :D

Not reallyup on guns, but i'd say it's best not to use a shotgun if ya want to eat it :laugh::clapper:

i usualy use a cz 452 just for outings at night to get rabbits for the ferret, but its a splendid little gun had no problems with them.

if you want a gun to shoot at bolting rabbits maybe a 410 shotgun something on that lines , each to there own though some people might think differently

Edited by lgray88

Ollie I know what you mean kid, if you want a gun for ferreting and a gun for night, your best off with a shotgun and a rifle, they both serve different purposes.... the hushpower .410 shotgun could be used for both, might suit you as a beginner but there pretty expensive being silenced....

Guest JohnGalway

Shotgun for when you're bolting them, type (semi, O/U, SBS) will depend on yourself and any other sporting activities you want to persue with it. .22lr for night time and a good lamp, I reccomend Lightforce 140 Striker with a dimmer but others will most certainly differ :D

Shotgun for when you're bolting them, type (semi, O/U, SBS) will depend on yourself and any other sporting activities you want to persue with it. .22lr for night time and a good lamp, I reccomend Lightforce 140 Striker with a dimmer but others will most certainly differ :D

i also concur. shottie for daylight bolting, and a nice little .22lr for plinking them of at night. It's all money mate.......... :icon_eek: