my falcon raptor

duck

This was dead and burried!!!!

Come on guys...lets all calm down..we have all done the big ones, I've done a bunny (witnessed) at 106 yards with my 26ft lb Falcon...yes I was well pleased but it was a one off in special circumstances and any time I talk about it I suggest it was a great shot, in the right circumstances and a chunk of luck. 50-60 yards is generally the max I would ever consider with it at 26ft lb, it's zeroed at 40yds.

70 yards is not a shot to take with a 12ft lb at live quarry..we all push the limits but just accept it works sometimes but not very often...we have all done it, it's human nature to push our boundaries..but as a one off!

So no need to get all upset with each other, enough said..accepted and moved on :thumbs::thumbs:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This was dead and burried!!!!

Come on guys...lets all calm down..we have all done the big ones, I've done a bunny (witnessed) at 106 yards with my 26ft lb Falcon...yes I was well pleased but it was a one off in special circumstances and any time I talk about it I suggest it was a great shot, in the right circumstances and a chunk of luck. 50-60 yards is generally the max I would ever consider with it at 26ft lb, it's zeroed at 40yds.

70 yards is not a shot to take with a 12ft lb at live quarry..we all push the limits but just accept it works sometimes but not very often...we have all done it, it's human nature to push our boundaries..but as a one off!

So no need to get all upset with each other, enough said..accepted and moved on :thumbs::thumbs:

soz lads i didn't mean to make it go this far i honestly think my gun must be over 12ft/lbs so like deker said dead and burried no need for all this s***, i just wanted to share my shoot with you all like everyone on this forum so come on lads stop this NOW, at the end of the day the rabbit is dead luck :doh::bye:

went out this morining with a mate and what a morning the first shot at a rabbit head shot and believe it or not it was from 70 yards if my mate wasn't there i don't think anyone would believe me, i bought my gun a few weeks ago it's a falcon fn19 raptor - using powapells pellets it's the best gun i've had so far and i've had a few will not be changing this one, anyway thought i'd share my shot with you if you have any good shots why not share them, soz lads couldn't send you the pic it's to big

Well duck,that is either a brave or stupid post, :hmm: or maybe both. ;) Because you have not said otherwise I assume you are talking about sub 12ft/lb. :blink: In which case you should not be taking a shot at anything 70 yards away. :no:

But you did, :doh: and you got lucky. :(

Out of interest how high did you have to aim to pull of this amazing feat. :hmm:

yes i think it was luck but the thing is i aimed hoping i'd scare it but instead i hit the rabbit in the head i aimed 3 dots higher i knew i would get some posts on this but not like this you had to be there to see it mate :big_boss:

:nea: Thats just as bad whats the point in scaring it :wallbash:

Edited by AIRGUNNER
so just cause its a hunting forum, does it mean that its acceptable to be taking shots at ranges that wont deliver a humane kill with the right weapon?

i put the "paper punching" stats. up so maybe we could see that it was never going to be a sensible, sure, humane kill..i was under the impression that the correct hunting/shooting view was that unless you are sure of a humane kill it wasnt right to take the shot?

sorry for giving my opinion on my respect for quarry and preparation that i take to achieve this.

Its things like this that give people ammunition to start having a go at shooting in general and im one to back shooting as far as i can. I was only trying to help and with statements like "i was shooting at it to scare it but ended up getting it in the head" i thought it was needed...

Im off now to scare a fox by shooting at it with my air rifle....

Once again, its only my OPINION and i dont think much of responses that try to say its wrong and that im having a go...

I can agree with all of that.

The original post highlighted a seemingly impossible shot.

I'm sure there are many people here that would say it's a fluke.

I'm sure there are equal numbers that would say it didn't happen.

Either way we can all agree that this sort of shot, with a standard air rifle, is not the norm. It's certainly not recommend.

Shooting, and especially airguns, are under constant scrutiny and anything posted on this forum, that puts us in a poor light, will be removed. Like the pictures in the catapult thread. End of. The only reason this thread stayed up is because of the refreshing criticism of such practice.

Everyone has an opinion and they're all welcomed. Just keep it civil.