Theoben

Been speaking to a mate of mine and he reckons hes got a Theoben that when pushed up to the max can

hit out 40ftlbs is this possible if so what model would it be :hmm:

mk1 Rapid 7..a mate of mine has one of the first 500,that were made with the "naughty screw" in the back..this one had been played with to... twin valve spring's the lot..still a bit loud,

we cronoed it at 42.3ftlb max with bisleys and with one of the valve springs removed we got it down to 18 ftlbs min......your best running them at around 25ftlb...more consistant...more reliable..more shots thats with a 400cc buddy bottle..

cheers Millie :thumbs:

I have a Mk1 Rapid number '897' and have had it upto 38+ ft lbs,but I currently run it at 28 ft lbs,as said it has far more shots,and,it is accurate as anything I have ever shot.I paced out 72 very big steps to a head shot bunny,now that isn't one of my normal shots(nearer 30-507 yds)but,just shows what they are capable of............martin :thumbs:

Have had them up to 60FTLBS .22 .25 up to 78FTLBS.Best run at 25 30 FTLBS with airarms pellets.MK1s are the easiest to uprate MK2s will go up but some of the triggers need sorting first because of hammer design.Need a decent reg to keep them consistant though .and a good MOD.

The MK1 was meant to be up to 40ft lb and as already said the first few were VERY easy to tweek! The law soon jumped on them and things got a "bit" harder. (early MK1's are in demand and can attract good money...I wonder why??)

The MK2 Rapid can easily make 50ft lb.

Fill the bottles from a dive cylinder or direct from your dealer or dive centre.