Deer Licences

OK, we all know the Game Licences were blown away last year, but introduced at the same time were:-

1 Licence to take deer at night!

2 Licence to take deer out of season!

So where do we get them from, how much do they charge us for the privilege, anyone got any yet??

Thanks

Deker

OK, we all know the Game Licences were blown away last year, but introduced at the same time were:-

So where do we get them from, how much do they charge us for the privilege, anyone got any yet??

Thanks

Deker

http://www.thedeerinitiative.co.uk/html/deeract.htm

Thought it would probably be them..Cheers :thumbs:

The forestry commissions been doing it for years anyway...licence or no licence!!

Shooting at night has required special permission for as long as I can remember but shooting "out of season" has historically been relatively simple, just follow the guideline rules!

Now this is all down to licences which are likely to be much harder to get.

Frankly it p****s me off because once again it is simply more red tape I have to spend forever dealing with, when all the p******s just wonder around the land shooting, I am busy filling in paperwork and dealing with government idiots!

Here in ireland we have to prove that the deer are causing problems to either animal's or crops, then we apply to the national parks and wildlife dept.

for what is known as a section 42 to take deer out of season or at night. and it is free. :thumbs: but the wildlife rangers will call to see the damage before they issue a section 42......... :thumbs:

• 1 month later...

Thanks

Deker

I did not need a licence for taking deer at night but required written permission from the local firearms officer who in turn required written reasons for taking them at night " nipping the tops off newly planted trees." by the land owner.

Remember that if permission is given you will have to go up a calibre for night stalking. I had to get another gun 243 as I use a 22/250 during the day.

Have a chat with your firearms officer at your police HQ he will keep you right.