which gun to buy

hya

i have a harrier daystate and its the best gun ive ever had but i think u should go with the weirauch coz weirauch has a good name and my cousin has one and ive shot it and its good 4 almost everything like rats rabbits and pigeons so thats what i think :thumbs: [daystate harrier below] good look horsfield hope u make the right choice :good:

post-12991-1203110806_thumb.jpg

Edited by rabbitforahabbit

Either choice is good & should come within your budget including some reasonable scopes etc.

You could do a lot worse than go to your gunsmith & pick them up & see which feels right for you.

The newer 95K's have had the barrel length reduced to 310mm (I think) & come with the silencer already fitted, so you're getting 2 broadly comparable rifles, with the 95K being a bit more expensive but (IMO) worth it.

It's then down to personal choice, with my preference being the 95K, but you'll get followers for both camps.

Get the best scopes you can afford, but given the budget, have a look at J S Ramsbottoms

http://www.jsramsbottom.com/ & I recommend the Accushot 2 piece mounts with retractable stop pin. Only £12 quid for rocksolid mounts inc' delivery.

Don't listen to the Div's that will try & tell you that Swarovski or Leupold optics are the way to go. Way to go friggin bankrupt more like at £800 or £900 a pop! You'll be well set with any 3x9x40 zoom scopes (or better) in the £50 to £70 range

Howzabout looking for a second hand air arms s200 and kit on your budget- you might even find one that has had the multi shot conversion done - then you' d have the benefits of PCP.

I agree i have a one with a 10 shot mag thinggy. :thumbs:

:gunsmilie: i'm looking to buy my first air rifle. i like the look of two, the BSA LIGHTNING XL or the WEIHRAUCH HW95K i'm looking to shoot rats, rabbits and birds.can anyone point me in the right direction

hi i have got probably the best weirach for sale a gas ram hw90 carbine model with tasco siver antlers 3x9x40zoom scopes,silencer lovely condition for £225.00 full legal power it will take no prisoners on the vermin front

:gunsmilie: i'm looking to buy my first air rifle. i like the look of two, the BSA LIGHTNING XL or the WEIHRAUCH HW95K i'm looking to shoot rats, rabbits and birds.can anyone point me in the right direction

i dont no about the weihrauch but bsa i have found to be a good rifle and have handled and shot a few but the one which i could recomend if you are going for a bsa is the super ten carbine it comes with silencer(volumetric) and a 10 shot mag normally looking at about 200+ shots per bottle of gas have shot rat rabits and bird at about 35 to 40 yards with no problems at all at knocking down all of above but where ever possible it has been head shot it is up to you but if u can have a look at one then might make a difference in decision but it is what suits you. i am writing this on my dads sight but im sure he can back me up in recomending this air rifle and is still the 1 he has today post-15226-1203370547.jpg

thanks guys.but i got the chance of a B.S.A. Hornet with bag scope and bottle the full kit £250 and got it. it feels good to shoot. sorry if you feel i took no notice of all the advice.but i'm new to this game and you hear so many people say diffrent things.on the day i just went with my gut feeling, lets hope i made the right choice. once again thanks to all of you. now just got to get to know some poeple round Worksop,Sheffild and Doncaster to go uot with .cheers.

Edited by s horsfield