snare ban

just an thought !! ,

if we can get an idea of how many people on here actually snare as thier living or part of there living , then we could gauge as to what effect the ban would have, i know theres a big difference between pro,s and hobby snarers , alot of hobby snarers are doing a very good service for farmers helping in controlling rabbits ,foxes etc but they will not loose a part of there livelihood if a ban goes thru , just a few quid at weekends maybe, so how many people actually rely on snares and snaring to pay thier morgage/rent /food etc ? gamekeepers , professional pesters , vermin catchers

we can start with me ....pro rabbitcatcher

just an thought !! ,

if we can get an idea of how many people on here actually snare as thier living or part of there living , then we could gauge as to what effect the ban would have, i know theres a big difference between pro,s and hobby snarers , alot of hobby snarers are doing a very good service for farmers helping in controlling rabbits ,foxes etc but they will not loose a part of there livelihood if a ban goes thru , just a few quid at weekends maybe, so how many people actually rely on snares and snaring to pay thier morgage/rent /food etc ? gamekeepers , professional pesters , vermin catchers

its only scotland thats affected moley and just fox snaring , i heard the government only received two hundred submissives , out of thousands who snare and mine was one of them , its always the same few who keep trying while the rest sit back on their arse and think it will go away , but these same guys will be the first to shout their mouth of if anything does happen .
just an thought !! ,

its only scotland thats affected moley and just fox snaring , i heard the government only received two hundred submissives , out of thousands who snare and mine was one of them , its always the same few who keep trying while the rest sit back on their arse and think it will go away , but these same guys will be the first to shout their mouth of if anything does happen .

What are these submissives Glenn, what do you do or who do you contact.

Guest little_lloyd

Fox snares are about the only way we controll foxes on our shoot,, if we get a chance to shoot one with the shotgun then thats once in a bluemoon., Dont have any one who can have a rifle handy all the time jsut the odd night now and agian,, So wires work the foxes on my ground 95 % of the time :victory:

ll

A ban on fox snaring would affect my income, but I might then be employed to deal with them by other methods, which in all probability would mean more man hours, so it could be more lucrative, or it might mean that the people who currently employ me get some lads in who will do it for nowt, although I am fairly selective who I work for and I doubt they would. I have to say I only kill anything because I want to eat it, or I am paid to do it.

A ban on fox snaring would affect my income, but I might then be employed to deal with them by other methods, which in all probability would mean more man hours, so it could be more lucrative, or it might mean that the people who currently employ me get some lads in who will do it for nowt, although I am fairly selective who I work for and I doubt they would. I have to say I only kill anything because I want to eat it, or I am paid to do it.

so out of all the members that have looked on here , there are so far only 4 pro,s , :doh:

WEDNESDAY is the day we will here about the future of snaring in Scotland.

2 things that some people have got wrong in posting on this thread and other threads:

1. Yes it is just Scotland involved at present, but that doesnt mean that the English MPs will not follow what happens up here closely.

2. This is about all snares rabbits, rats and foxes.

I have received an email copy of a leaflet sent to every MSP and to members of organisations. The organisations that wrote it are BASC, SGA, NFUS, SCA, SEBG and SRPBA and it tells us things like what snares are involved etc.

People can still email MSPs, go to the Scottish Parlaiment website and get their address if you would like to.

BIG DUG

so out of all the members that have looked on here , there are so far only 4 pro,s , :doh:

i,m retired so i can snare every day