Guest ROOSTER

what the availablity of spares for these imports, was told not to touch them because its hard to get spares then a lad said it wasnt to bad, i'm asking about mitsubishi pajeros

i dont think its a big deal for mits spares some of the other makes can be worse..

what the availablity of spares for these imports, was told not to touch them because its hard to get spares then a lad said it wasnt to bad, i'm asking about mitsubishi pajeros

You wont need a lot of spares matey

I've the best one in the uk :thumbs: .....really ,only thing against it is ......nothing :blink: , and I drove 7 before I bought her and she was miles in front of the abused c--p I drove about ;) , a real goood inexpensive tool. There is a place near Derby that does the spares for NTN. This IS real clean. Sericed at a garage with the MOT. Have the reciepts. Tyres are all v.good. Check the for sale section.

If you get one make sure its a 2.8 as the 2.5s go through cam and balance belts quickly the 2.8 has a cam chain and is a more robust engine.

Dont get one with an electronically controlled fuel pump,go for something older than 97.

mine runs well on a mix of veg oil and diesel, and parts are cheap from milner off road.

buy the condition and not the age.

Great motors, superb to drive and ultra reliable. One or two of the diesel engines have a rubber damped crankshaft pulley that's a bit prone to failing and can wreck the radiator.

Parts are now freely available for most imports so don't take any notice of horror stories, all run of the mill service items, brakes, steering, exhausts etc are available from most motor factor outlets.

A couple of sites that may be of interest. If the links don't work just copy and paste. :thumbs:

http://www.pajeroaccessories.co.uk/

http://www.pajeroclub.co.uk/index.shtml

www.japarts.co.uk

you shouldnt have have any problems mate, ive got a delica 4x4 lwb and i joined a free club on the internet and they'll give you all the info you need

the place at derby is milners and yes they will send stuff out to you :thumbs:

i got a cousin in gloucester that imports direct from japan,2.8 is best motor to get and few problems he has had are.head gaskets and electronically controlled fuel pumps.

He gets his spares easily enough.i`ve had a few jap imports myself and they`ve been good. :thumbs:

I had a 1995 2.8 SWB Paj and loved it! it would go anywhere with plenty of grunt and also had some lovelly extra's to play with like adjustable suspension and climate control, apart from this my only gripe was mine was a Auto and the other is it drunk the Gas! I was getting around 19 to 22 MPG :icon_eek:.....

Jasper