Nikko Stirling Nigheaters

what do you think of this range of scopes for use on a centrefire for foxing? are they any good or anything else youd care to share about them?

thanks

ss06

I'm impressed, they offer good clarity and a fair price, they will be fine on the .22 centrefire range, I may have reservations if they were on top of a heavy hitting centrefire. I understand it is only a 1 year warranty on all their illuminated models though so watch out!

If you are looking in this price range check out some of the Hawke, AGS (Webley) etc ranges. Some of all of these scopes are c**p but there are some worth looking at in each range!

Simmons Whitetail Classic 3.5-10x50. Robust, bright, readily available and everyone rates them, got to be worth a look, shop around, they used to be £210, word is you can find them new for £150 or less now.

what do you think of this range of scopes for use on a centrefire for foxing? are they any good or anything else youd care to share about them?

thanks

ss06

I'm impressed, they offer good clarity and a fair price, they will be fine on the .22 centrefire range, I may have reservations if they were on top of a heavy hitting centrefire. I understand it is only a 1 year warranty on all their illuminated models though so watch out!

If you are looking in this price range check out some of the Hawke, AGS (Webley) etc ranges. Some of all of these scopes are c**p but there are some worth looking at in each range!

Simmons Whitetail Classic 3.5-10x50. Robust, bright, readily available and everyone rates them, got to be worth a look, shop around, they used to be £210, word is you can find them new for £150 or less now.

i had a Simmons Whitetail Classic 3.5-10x50 and i think it was rubbish

so i went back to my Tasco 3-9x50 AG scope and sold the Whitetail Classic for £50

thanks

ss06

i had a Simmons Whitetail Classic 3.5-10x50 and i think it was rubbish

so i went back to my Tasco 3-9x50 AG scope and sold the Whitetail Classic for £50

Everyone has their own tale and experience, can't help thinking you were VERY unlucky with your Simmons, they are excellent and I know lots of people who have them. Had mine for about 7 years and sold it at Bisley last year for £80. Before you ask...I sold it because my eyes are not what they were and these have a fixed 100yards parallax! Far better than anything Tasco ever made IMHO, and a full lifetime warranty.

ATB

Deker

I have a Simmons WTC 3.5-10 on my Anschutz 22LR Carbine and it is an excellent scope. Good optics and the zero doesn't shift.

In addition and by coincidence, I have got one of the new NS Nite Eater scopes on my .17HMR. I have the 6-24 x 56 IR model and it is excellent. The side wheel focus would get in the way on a 22 in my view as you want more of a point and fire scope there. With the 17 though, the shots are longer and it is no trouble at all to dial in the range before shooting. I have only had my Nite Eater for about 2 months so it is early days but at this stage, I can safely ay I am impressed with it. In addition, it won NRA optic of the year in 2007 so it must be half decent!

Regards,

Snelly.

You could do a lot worse than MTC. I have a Nikko 4-16x50 which isn't on a rifle ATM (replacement for a faulty one), and an MTC 6-24x56, and the MTC is much better. It is more expensive, but for foxing I would get the mamba range that MTC do, which are in the Nikko ballpark.

That said, Nikko Nighteaters aren't a bad range at all.

You could do a lot worse than MTC. I have a Nikko 4-16x50 which isn't on a rifle ATM (replacement for a faulty one), and an MTC 6-24x56, and the MTC is much better. It is more expensive, but for foxing I would get the mamba range that MTC do, which are in the Nikko ballpark.

Mr Logic

Did you make a wrong turn on the keyboard somewhere? :whistling::thumbs:

Deker

Mr Logic

Deker

I've had enough of AirgunBBS for the time being - too much strife and aggression, am in search of adults :)

Mr Logic

Deker

I've had enough of AirgunBBS for the time being - too much strife and aggression, am in search of adults :)

To be honest there are some complete :censored: on that site but there are some decent folk as well, I'm not for having a go because they can be useful/helpful etc but this site is :victory::thumbs::notworthy: