HH x goldie

Saw a clip on YouTube today with a male ,weight was 3lb ,,what a tool ,, how long has this breed been about,, and how  many people have  them ,would  love to see one in action  sometime 

George off here had 1 his was female but don't think he still has it , plenty of lads are on them now as they fetching stupid money and everyone wants something diffrent , my mate bred a ferruginous x goshawk nice looking bird but nothing on a full Goss or a full ferruginous..

Hopefully he'll be doing the Harris x goldies soon so I'll be trying get one the. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

George off here had 1 his was female but don't think he still has it , plenty of lads are on them now as they fetching stupid money and everyone wants something diffrent , my mate bred a ferruginous x goshawk nice looking bird but nothing on a full Goss or a full ferruginous..

Hopefully he'll be doing the Harris x goldies soon so I'll be trying get one the. 

Is your mate any where near North York moors  would like a look at one hunting, if he gets one  going 

14 hours ago, leegreen said:

What would they be good for?

The male will take hares , 

Now male Harris hawks will take strong buck rabbits but I've seen plenty kicked off I've seen females get kicked off especially when they grab the back end instead of the head , a male goldie x Harris won't have that problem and will take hares , now I know people will say just fly a male goldie but truth is goldies are sulking little fuckers , adding Harris will ad benefits like trainable,  flying style , steadiness,  none that sulking shit  etc etc plus if you have a female imprint Harris hawk that lays incubated and reaers you can have 4 possibly 8 chick's if you double clutch ..goldies don't realy lay that many eggs 

But the main thing they add for the lads breeding them is £££££ couple grand for a Harris goldie hybrid .

• Like 2
7 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

I would think they would have the edge on an harris hawk for hare's. 

Yes , even decent sized Harris hawks won't handle hares well .. my mate had a female Harris 2lb 5 won't touch hare , his 2lb bird would but it died by been kicked by a hare , by time he got it to vets it was dead 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Elchapo said:

Yes , even decent sized Harris hawks won't handle hares well .. my mate had a female Harris 2lb 5 won't touch hare , his 2lb bird would but it died by been kicked by a hare , by time he got it to vets it was dead 

Only experience I have mate is been out hunting with birds and I have never owned a BOP I know of lad's who have taken brown hares with good sized female Harris hawk's most I know were taken in woodland and cover of some sort. I think the Eagle Harris hybrid would have the edge on open land and moorland . I know a few lads who gave the redtails a go for hare hawking but soon went back to the Harris hawk's. 

2 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Only experience I have mate is been out hunting with birds and I have never owned a BOP I know of lad's who have taken brown hares with good sized female Harris hawk's most I know were taken in woodland and cover of some sort. I think the Eagle Harris hybrid would have the edge on open land and moorland . I know a few lads who gave the redtails a go for hare hawking but soon went back to the Harris hawk's. 

Red tails can be funny feckers aswell mate , one day they can fly like demons the next day sit in a tree and watch the world go by lol 

20 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

Red tails can be funny feckers aswell mate , one day they can fly like demons the next day sit in a tree and watch the world go by lol 

I think that's why they gave up on them mate. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

I think that's why they gave up on them mate. 

Knew a kid from  Hoyland, had a red tail ,had it a couple  of seasons, one day he was calling it back from  a mist slip ,glove up, piece of meat in hand, totally ignored the fist and latched on to the side of his face ,,  made a right  mess  ,was very  lucky not to lose his eye 

1 hour ago, wildman said:

Knew a kid from  Hoyland, had a red tail ,had it a couple  of seasons, one day he was calling it back from  a mist slip ,glove up, piece of meat in hand, totally ignored the fist and latched on to the side of his face ,,  made a right  mess  ,was very  lucky not to lose his eye 

Know acouple lads been hit by reds , problem is with reds is there not as forgiving as harris hawks so some lads go from a Harris to a red and end up getting footed , harris hawk are very forgiving around there weight , red tails arnt , not saying that's the case with your mate tho , sometimes even experienced falconers get tagged by them, old guy I know got more scars on his arms and face of birds than he has hairs lol 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Elchapo said:

Know acouple lads been hit by reds , problem is with reds is there not as forgiving as harris hawks so some lads go from a Harris to a red and end up getting footed , harris hawk are very forgiving around there weight , red tails arnt , not saying that's the case with your mate tho , sometimes even experienced falconers get tagged by them, old guy I know got more scars on his arms and face of birds than he has hairs lol 

Ya think I will stick to hh from now ,pleasure to own an fly , , had loads of others, too much  hassle, unless you're  a 24,,, 7 ,, type