New rifle prosport 177

On 12/03/2024 at 19:15, mark williams said:

Great rifles Jimmy  for sure, do try theJSB Exact express 7.87g 4.52,   810ft/second ,  11.47ft/lbs the Pro sport has taken a hillside of vermin

IMG_1556.JPG

I'm glad to see the Prosports still doing well, mine isn't used as much now but still comes out every now and then. I'm still using AAFields 4.52 from a big batch from 2014 that were brilliant, I've got 2 sleeves left, I reckon the last 2 sleeves will see me out. Price? £7 per tin. That was the old days!!

It's good to see some old names still using a PS, I wish my health would let me get out like I used to but sadly I can't manage a long day with a heavy rifle anymore, a relief for the woodies!! 

Regards to Pianoman, Bigmac and Villaman, keep going!!

Tim.  Formerly timmytree.

On 31/03/2024 at 13:05, bigmac 97kt said:

Just done the stock on the ps 

Simon it had loads of grain in it but it was to dark to be seen so set about tru oiling it 

Iv got it to a high standard and is more like a shot gun stock now with the shine it has on it now and all the grain is now on show 

Take no notice of the butt pad as I'm waiting on the adjustable one landing for it 

Iv sorted the screws out and fitted a tx trigger gard to it 

It looks ace 

Atvbjimmy 👍👍👍

IMG_20240331_121016.jpg

IMG_20240331_121208.jpg

IMG_20240331_121212.jpg

IMG_20240331_121216.jpg

IMG_20240331_122844.jpg

IMG_20240331_121226.jpg

IMG_20240331_121234.jpg

IMG_20240331_121230.jpg

Change those stock screws Jimmy, brass or bronze and space them out with little nylon washers to make them flush, also stops them contacting the internal alloy rail. 

I gave out some on here years ago, not sure if they're still available but I could ask if needed.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Timmy H said:

Change those stock screws Jimmy, brass or bronze and space them out with little nylon washers to make them flush, also stops them contacting the internal alloy rail. 

I gave out some on here years ago, not sure if they're still available but I could ask if needed.

I think I got some off u a while back now mind 

But I do like the silver matches the trigger guard 

Atvbjimmy 👍👍👍

8 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

I think I got some off u a while back now mind 

But I do like the silver matches the trigger guard 

Atvbjimmy 👍👍👍

How are you anyway 

I'm the same Tim 9 strokes now and I'm still here kicking well one leg is lol

Iv just done three of my rifles

Stocks now iv got them the way I want them 

Just one to do 

Then that's it mind iv only had the ps for a few weeks 

Atvbjimmy 👍👍👍

IMG_20240421_113447.jpg

IMG_20240421_111055.jpg

IMG_20240421_111047.jpg

• Like 1
On 21/04/2024 at 16:25, bigmac 97kt said:

How are you anyway 

I'm the same Tim 9 strokes now and I'm still here kicking well one leg is lol

Iv just done three of my rifles

Stocks now iv got them the way I want them 

Just one to do 

Then that's it mind iv only had the ps for a few weeks 

Atvbjimmy 👍👍👍

IMG_20240421_113447.jpg

IMG_20240421_111055.jpg

IMG_20240421_111047.jpg

Not too bad thanks mate, getting older, more aches and pains but retired now so more time on my hands. Less shooting since rabbits are almost non existent round here. Just a few shots to keep the magpies away from my nesting birds and check zero.

Took up kayaking and got an ebike, Tentbox on the car so plenty of mini breaks. Doing some stealthy wildcamps with the ebike and a 2 man tent, great fun.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Timmy H said:

Not too bad thanks mate, getting older, more aches and pains but retired now so more time on my hands. Less shooting since rabbits are almost non existent round here. Just a few shots to keep the magpies away from my nesting birds and check zero.

Took up kayaking and got an ebike, Tentbox on the car so plenty of mini breaks. Doing some stealthy wildcamps with the ebike and a 2 man tent, great fun.

Tell me about it Tim I move I ache

Lol same Tim retired don't like it mind no shooting at the moment well on the farm out hunting 

But do go to the range every now and then but I don't shoot there either just teach my grandson

That's it lol

The ps was cheap that's why I bought it but to be honest don't think I will ever take it out same with the 97k been in the cabinet for months lol

But that one was a gift off Scott ruthles teaal

So it's not going any where lol

Fancy one of them e bikes mind 

Atvbjimmy 👍👍👍

14 hours ago, Timmy H said:

I used to do a lot of kayak fishing both at sea and freshwater which I loved, still have one small surf kayak but as I get further into old fartdom, I don't use it anymore in fact I need to see about selling it.  I also really fancy an e-bike, the naughty ones that will run without pedaling, fully folding with chunky tires so I could use it on the farms or reaching some of my distant fishing marks along the shoreline.

Phil

2 hours ago, philpot said:

I used to do a lot of kayak fishing both at sea and freshwater which I loved, still have one small surf kayak but as I get further into old fartdom, I don't use it anymore in fact I need to see about selling it.  I also really fancy an e-bike, the naughty ones that will run without pedaling, fully folding with chunky tires so I could use it on the farms or reaching some of my distant fishing marks along the shoreline.

Phil

Lots of ebikes have a throttle option and most can be tweaked to up the top speed. I only really use the power on hills, that increases the range by a lot.

I got an Eleglide T1, unlike most bikes it came with lights, mudguards and a decent back rack. I've added a trailer which attaches to the seat post, there's a few places I fish that I can't get close with the car but the bike gets me there.

My kayak is a Feelfree double, very stable, I pack the fishing gear or camping stuff in the front and use it in fresh water and at sea. It's great fun paddling along the coast and finding little places to stop overnight.

On 23/04/2024 at 12:42, Timmy H said:

Lots of ebikes have a throttle option and most can be tweaked to up the top speed. I only really use the power on hills, that increases the range by a lot.

I got an Eleglide T1, unlike most bikes it came with lights, mudguards and a decent back rack. I've added a trailer which attaches to the seat post, there's a few places I fish that I can't get close with the car but the bike gets me there.

My kayak is a Feelfree double, very stable, I pack the fishing gear or camping stuff in the front and use it in fresh water and at sea. It's great fun paddling along the coast and finding little places to stop overnight.

Good kayaks Tim, if yours has the wheel in the keel, just be a little careful as they can break at the axle. I used to get kayaks sent to me for testing and review writing and in fact I had the Moken 10, 12 and 14 fishing kayaks from them so I can say the Moken 12 / 12.5 was my favourite.  I set up the UK team for Jackson Kayaks from USA which again were brilliant kayaks and the 14' Cuda I kept, I fitted with a Torqeedo 1hp electric motor which was fantastic. If you are going to fit anchor trolley or fish finder and not to sure about fitting, just let me know and I will talk you through it Tim. 

I do like the look of your bike Tim, I am fancying the smaller wheel, folding type which seem to do well off road but a stretch for my pension at this time (or any bloody time if I am being honest.)

Phil

7 minutes ago, philpot said:

Good kayaks Tim, if yours has the wheel in the keel, just be a little careful as they can break at the axle. I used to get kayaks sent to me for testing and review writing and in fact I had the Moken 10, 12 and 14 fishing kayaks from them so I can say the Moken 12 / 12.5 was my favourite.  I set up the UK team for Jackson Kayaks from USA which again were brilliant kayaks and the 14' Cuda I kept, I fitted with a Torqeedo 1hp electric motor which was fantastic. If you are going to fit anchor trolley or fish finder and not to sure about fitting, just let me know and I will talk you through it Tim. 

I do like the look of your bike Tim, I am fancying the smaller wheel, folding type which seem to do well off road but a stretch for my pension at this time (or any bloody time if I am being honest.)

Phil

Thanks Phil, my son made up a trolley with wide wheels for getting down the beach, it attaches through the drain holes. The kayak is light enough to get on and off the car on my own. 

If you go for an ebike be aware that the wide wheel folders are extremely difficult to pedal normally and usually more expensive than large wheel non folders. Mine was £784 last summer and has been great, Longest ride to date was 37 miles and managed just under 50 miles on a charge. I often use mine in preference to the car, I can carry a full food shop and stop off for a couple of beers on the way home. On nice days I just go out for the fun of it.

There is an earlier model, the M1 or M1+ which can be found for around £600

• Like 1