Goldie x gloster mules

Any lads ever bred any mules using gloster hens just I’ve got two hens here going to have ago with them this season. Not taking it serious this year just got 3 muling pairs just to keep me hand in. Any pictures would be appreciated. Cheers

32 minutes ago, span1 said:

Any lads ever bred any mules using gloster hens just I’ve got two hens here going to have ago with them this season. Not taking it serious this year just got 3 muling pairs just to keep me hand in. Any pictures would be appreciated. Cheers

An old traveller near me was telling me years ago when a was telling him I'm going to buy some glosters for muling. He told me straight don't go buying them. They can't see really good when it comes to feeding with the bonnet they've got eyes covered up. Your better off with a roller or Timbrado or Irish. Just depending on what mule. Your wanting. If it's a smaller native bird your putting over canary then Irish or razza. If it's something like a greeny or crossbill then roller or timbrado that little bit bigger. A like to look at the body structure of the native too and the canaries. Look for something similar built mate. 

46 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

An old traveller near me was telling me years ago when a was telling him I'm going to buy some glosters for muling. He told me straight don't go buying them. They can't see really good when it comes to feeding with the bonnet they've got eyes covered up. Your better off with a roller or Timbrado or Irish. Just depending on what mule. Your wanting. If it's a smaller native bird your putting over canary then Irish or razza. If it's something like a greeny or crossbill then roller or timbrado that little bit bigger. A like to look at the body structure of the native too and the canaries. Look for something similar built mate. 

Just use consort hens???

• Like 1

Goldie mule off a gloster and if I remember rightly the linnet was too.

Personally I thought they were nice mules with a decent shape to them but having bred crested mules I wouldn't again so I'd use consort hens not corona.

Screenshot_20240310_141417_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240310_141433_Gallery.jpg

• Like 2
9 hours ago, leegreen said:

Didn't think many people kept bird in those little cages any more.

Is that one of those American Kestrels? 

There not kept in there I’d just picked them up only a cruel c**t would keep birds like that. Be like been keep in a prison cell and if you’ve been there you wouldn’t do it to a animal 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, leegreen said:

Yes it’s an American male don’t worry he’s kept in a big muse plenty of room if it makes you feel better helps you sleep. 

Cheers lads nipper lovely little mules mate I’ve got a consort and corona hen so I’ll have ago with them both see what I get if all goes to plan

• Like 1
12 hours ago, span1 said:

Cheers lads nipper lovely little mules mate I’ve got a consort and corona hen so I’ll have ago with them both see what I get if all goes to plan

Hope it goes well mate. But me personally think there right ugly little fuckers glosters lol. How someone came up with a canary like that is beyond me. Same with most canaries with caps and budgies a don't see the point. And them leggy things with feathers all over deformed to f**k. And you'll get idiots paying top money for the c**ts. 😆 

On 10/03/2024 at 13:13, leegreen said:

Think they're just in a show cage to view them mate...

• Like 1
12 hours ago, sambo123 said:

Think they're just in a show cage to view them mate...

He's already got back to his comment pal. The lad who's got the birds knows his stuff about birds. I've bought some bully's off him in the past & he had a decent set up at his home. Did well with the few pairs he had. Only thing a could say about him. He goes through diffrent hobbys like changing underwear. Each day something new 😆 🤣