11 minutes ago, 3175darren said:

I did once see some advertised , but never bought any, I use mainly flat pack traps, the stainless ones are good for the acidic soils around here, how much were they ? Who stocks them , 

Flat packs cost to much. Someone has just recommended a company that is much cheaper and does some good tunnels....I'll get the link and post it here. 

I've just taken over another blokes company, his contracts mainly, but he's delivered all his equipment and supplies and these were amongst his stuff 

17 minutes ago, 3175darren said:

I did once see some advertised , but never bought any, I use mainly flat pack traps, the stainless ones are good for the acidic soils around here, how much were they ? Who stocks them , 

WWW.UKPUTANGESUPPLIES.COM

Welcome to UK Putange Supplies, serving both the general public and the professional mole trapping...

try these. £2.55 and my mate says they are now better than flat pack. 

The last FP I had I really didn't like 

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:
WWW.UKPUTANGESUPPLIES.COM

Welcome to UK Putange Supplies, serving both the general public and the professional mole trapping...

try these. £2.55 and my mate says they are now better than flat pack. 

The last FP I had I really didn't like 

I have used the putange , I have some set now , but they are not my thing,  very good for setting where the public are , a good cheap trap to try  is the pest stop tunnel trap , I know some pull there nose at em , they are cheap but they catch very well, or do for me , I will say though the flat pack last a long time, 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, 3175darren said:

I have used the putange , I have some set now , but they are not my thing,  very good for setting where the public are , a good cheap trap to try  is the pest stop tunnel trap , I know some pull there nose at em , they are cheap but they catch very well, or do for me , I will say though the flat pack last a long time, 

They look fair priced for there traps I will give you that 

20 minutes ago, 3175darren said:

They do tunnels on there....they look good as well, flat bottoms 

Just now, DIDO.1 said:

They do tunnels on there....they look good as well, flat bottoms 

Yes and the round wires   I wonder who supplies them , it looks like a good supplier , always tried to find a supplier for the bethel Rhodes traps , but failed , 

I have flatpack ad uk putanges supplies flat bottomed traps, you will get at least 2 uk ones to a flatpack, the only plus faltpack have over the uk ones is they are stainless, the uk ones have a much stronger spring, catch the mole round the ribs, you can adjust the trigger on flatpack but you dont need touch the uk ones. I use putanges 90% of the time but if i had to buy more barrels i would be getting uk putange ones, they also do round loops.

1 hour ago, lifelong cumbrian said:

I have flatpack ad uk putanges supplies flat bottomed traps, you will get at least 2 uk ones to a flatpack, the only plus faltpack have over the uk ones is they are stainless, the uk ones have a much stronger spring, catch the mole round the ribs, you can adjust the trigger on flatpack but you dont need touch the uk ones. I use putanges 90% of the time but if i had to buy more barrels i would be getting uk putange ones, they also do round loops.

I think I will give them a try , at least sample a few of each , I have a lot of traps anyway, but it’s good to try other makes , as said flat pack are expensive but have been very good for me, so have pest stop, I have a lot more farms to do this year , so will need to increase my stock at some point, and I think if the soil temp comes up the grass will bolt up , but the ground is bloody wet at the minute . 

• Like 1

Flatpack every time for me. They will outlast any other trap on the market and come ready to use, no fiddling to get them right. Even after 4/5 years they are still very strong and look like new the cheaper ones just seem to rust and tarnish. We buy them by the 100 and they work out not too bad. Yes there are cheaper on the market but I prefer Flatpack after trying them.

• Like 2