Looks great that mate be better if it was an out door aviary specially with the conifer strip's due to mite. Be abit of a nightmare if mite gets a hold in summer months with heat indoors. With a full mesh outdoor aviary not much area for mite to get a hold. In a shed its a nightmare unless you clad it out with pvc foam sheets. There's a place in Bradford that does seconds roll ends cheap tenner a sheet 3m by 3m 2mm thick. Since I've done my bird room I've not had any mite mate. Just a thought for the future. Other than that looking good. If that was me I'd run 5 hens with a couple of cock birds. Introduce first couple of hens let them start sitting then introduce the other hens. I always wait till the first hens sat tight on the round of eggs then a move him over to the second hen. Works well for me. I've got a couple of cock birds here that will fertile any eggs to any hen lol 

2 hours ago, Bangersanmash said:

Looks great that mate be better if it was an out door aviary specially with the conifer strip's due to mite. Be abit of a nightmare if mite gets a hold in summer months with heat indoors. With a full mesh outdoor aviary not much area for mite to get a hold. In a shed its a nightmare unless you clad it out with pvc foam sheets. There's a place in Bradford that does seconds roll ends cheap tenner a sheet 3m by 3m 2mm thick. Since I've done my bird room I've not had any mite mate. Just a thought for the future. Other than that looking good. If that was me I'd run 5 hens with a couple of cock birds. Introduce first couple of hens let them start sitting then introduce the other hens. I always wait till the first hens sat tight on the round of eggs then a move him over to the second hen. Works well for me. I've got a couple of cock birds here that will fertile any eggs to any hen lol 

Thanks mate I’ll take that on board for the hens and pvc would be a good ideal like you say, I’ll see how it goes this season and then maybe replace for next, I’ll have a word with my old man and see what he uses for his pigeons to treat mite if it comes to it. 

there decent cock birds then hopefully I’ll have a couple like that this year 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Abullx said:

Thanks mate I’ll take that on board for the hens and pvc would be a good ideal like you say, I’ll see how it goes this season and then maybe replace for next, I’ll have a word with my old man and see what he uses for his pigeons to treat mite if it comes to it. 

there decent cock birds then hopefully I’ll have a couple like that this year 

Would this be ideal for the mite mate for the time being 

IMG_5754.jpeg

Do you not have to get the birds out of the area with them smoke tablet things ?......you're not gonna want that with nesting birds surely.

Looks a nice little environment that but as Bangers said natural light could be an issue with Goldies ? unlike like Canaries i found the Goldies hard work to breed myself,best of luck with it though.

Edited by gnasher16
6 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Do you not have to get the birds out of the area with them smoke tablet things ?......you're not gonna want that with nesting birds surely.

Looks a nice little environment that but as Bangers said natural light could be an issue with Goldies ? unlike like Canaries i found the Goldies hard work to breed myself,best of luck with it though.

Ok there’s natural light from the front that’s the aviary on the right but light in there just to brighten it of a evening and smoke bomb ok with pigeons in shed 

IMG_5757.jpeg

Edited by Abullx
  • Like 1

Looks a nice set up that mate. You could have four individual flights there looking from the front supports on the mesh. Have some little mesh doors inside into each individual flight. Use some green mesh netting that you use around scaffolding. That will help mask the view of each other in the flights. 

9 hours ago, Bangersanmash said:

Looks a nice set up that mate. You could have four individual flights there looking from the front supports on the mesh. Have some little mesh doors inside into each individual flight. Use some green mesh netting that you use around scaffolding. That will help mask the view of each other in the flights. 

Ok I’ll have a little think to see if I wanna put 4 individual flights in and thanks for the help